Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance New Vehicle [2021 Megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anybody know if Peugeot's insurance cover is actually any good if you need to file a claim? I can't seem to find any reviews for it anywhere.
Being quoted £1350 from Peugeot vs £1750 from Churchill lol. Perks of being a young driver :)

But yeah I'm shocked at how much it's gone up by even though I was able to find yearly quotes of £1200 easily back in September before I picked the car up. I made the mistake of trying to save money by adding the car onto a shared policy with my Van and come renewal of my Van this month Admiral had the cheek to quote me over £3000 for my Model 3!

Its fine, I had someone reverse into my car in a car park, they let me pick the Tesla Bodyshop I wanted, took seconds to organise and sort. Really happy with the process so far.

Anyone noticed the clear contradition that you have to agree to when signing up for peugeot insurance?

"The vehicle is owned and registered by you, your spouse, partner or civil partner (not business partner), by your parent, employer or a lease company"

Then the very next sentence.

"Your documents will state that the policyholder is the legal owner and registered keeper of the vehicle"

I know people here have said you can just give them a call and ask them to change it, but it seems utterly bizarre!
I rang up to take out a policy on Friday as I got my reg number from Tesla.
They were by far the cheapest for me, I'll be ringing up about the registered keeper once I get the paperwork through as mine is a lease.

Reactions: Gibbons
I've had the same experience as others.

Best quote I could get through comparison sites was with Admiral @ £720.

I then did a quote on Peugeots site and it came out at £385 🤩 with protected no claims. Then called to confirm the number plate (as not recognised) and also confirm that as it's company owned, this was ok. They're happy with this so I've gone for it.

Will receive docs in the next 7 days :)

Reactions: sheresingh
I just wanted to jump on this thread - as part of my lease deal I’m getting free insurance for the first year which I thought amazing as insurance is steep but I thought I would just run a quote on Peugeot insurance for fun and OMG - £310 for my wife protected no claims - the best quote i received elsewhere was £600.
I will defo be getting a quote in 12 months time but suspect the pricing algorithm will have changed by then. Must be a pricing error but who cares - don’t tell Peugeot.

Reactions: MD70
*Surely* there has to be a gotcha with Peugeot. I just quoted (I'm not due for another few months, but I got curious) and the quote was £440 -- I paid Direct Line £660 for my current policy. Just crazy! It is worrying that a lot of the wording has "Peugeot" sprinkled throughout, like "we will use genuine Peugeot parts".

*Surely* there has to be a gotcha with Peugeot. I just quoted (I'm not due for another few months, but I got curious) and the quote was £440 -- I paid Direct Line £660 for my current policy. Just crazy! It is worrying that a lot of the wording has "Peugeot" sprinkled throughout, like "we will use genuine Peugeot parts".

I thought the same. But, the actual motor policy doc doesn't mention Peugeot once.

I also called them and went over the specifics of the car/cover etc and they were happy so I went for it.

Has anyone actually received their policy docs in the post yet? All seem ok?

I thought the same. But, the actual motor policy doc doesn't mention Peugeot once.

I also called them and went over the specifics of the car/cover etc and they were happy so I went for it.

Has anyone actually received their policy docs in the post yet? All seem ok?
As said above, they send the paperwork out in seven days. However, if you ask them, then they'll send an email version of the certificate (within minutes).

I got my documents through from Peugeot Insurance today - it states I'm the owner and registered keeper on the policy as expected. Since mine's a lease I've rang them up and asked to change that and let them know the name of the finance company (Lex Autolease in this case) and they didn't have any problem changing it with new documents to follow in the post.

Can someone on here please share the email address for Peugeot insurance to send the no claims discount proof to.
My postman was already delivering letters once a week and now i'm worried they might cancel my insurance because I haven't sent proof to them in time.

Most likely the paperwork will arrive after new years.

Thank you

Can someone on here please share the email address for Peugeot insurance to send the no claims discount proof to.
My postman was already delivering letters once a week and now i'm worried they might cancel my insurance because I haven't sent proof to them in time.

Most likely the paperwork will arrive after new years.

Thank you
I've previously posted it on this thread I think.

Reactions: Thatsuperelec