TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Insurance on a Model S?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by seahawkspal, Sep 21, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seahawkspal

seahawkspal Member

Hello,
    Has anyone found a place to buy insurance on a Model S at a good price? I'm with GEICO and my premium would increase by $800 a year if I replace my Sonata with a Model S. Of course, the Model S is more expensive, so some increase is to be expected, but just wondering if there are any better options.
    Thanks,
    p

2. sorka

sorka Active Member

Just got my third year renewal from AAA. I was relieved to see it unchanged at $1300. When it renewed last October, it jumped from $800 to $1300. My 2009 Prius is $800, so for the first six months I owned the Tesla, I was paying the same as my Prius.

3. EinSV

EinSV Active Member

There is a very active thread on this subject here: Insurance On Model S?

Might want to check it out and have the Mods close out this thread.

4. seahawkspal

seahawkspal Member

Yes, thanks, the other thread has all the info I need, this thread can be closed

• Helpful x 1
  5. cman8

cman8 Member

I went with progressive. My rates increased like 100 bucks a year. It replaced my BMW 5 series. I think I pay like 700 bucks for 2 cars (My S and a kia sorento)

• Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.