Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance Quotes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been with Progressive since I bought my P85D more than two years ago. Each renewal has been cheaper than the one before. I had a minor fender-bender that damaged the other car but no claim for mine. Progressive investigated, kept me aware and ended out 100% blaming the other driver. Upon renewal, my cost dropped again.
It's hard to love insurance companies but Progressive gets my vote! They like Tesla too.

Interesting how most everyone here goes through Progressive.

I'm also on Progressive for my new Model S. Good price compared to other companies.

Reactions: jbcarioca
Interesting how most everyone here goes through Progressive.

I'm also on Progressive for my new Model S. Good price compared to other companies.
Could it possibly be that some Progressive senior executives have Teslas?
I do not know, but I do know personal vehicle ownership within auto insurers underwriting/marketing/claims executives does influence underwriting practices.

The new Progressive CEO is Tricia Griffith who has led the company to expand the customer relationships across multiple lines. Part of that appears to be a decided effort to use upscale auto policies to help cross sell into lucrative home and other covers in upscale dwellings. There is evidence that the strategy has been succeeding, and that is why Ms. Griffith was made CEO in mid-2016. realistically the increased efforts to cross-sell upscale customers are likely to be the biggest pro-Tesla influences, such as they may be.

Tesla interests among executives can only help if they exist.

it would be very interesting to know about Tesla ownership among insurance executives anyway.

Could it possibly be that some Progressive senior executives have Teslas?
I do not know, but I do know personal vehicle ownership within auto insurers underwriting/marketing/claims executives does influence underwriting practices.

The new Progressive CEO is Tricia Griffith who has led the company to expand the customer relationships across multiple lines. Part of that appears to be a decided effort to use upscale auto policies to help cross sell into lucrative home and other covers in upscale dwellings. There is evidence that the strategy has been succeeding, and that is why Ms. Griffith was made CEO in mid-2016. realistically the increased efforts to cross-sell upscale customers are likely to be the biggest pro-Tesla influences, such as they may be.

Tesla interests among executives can only help if they exist.

it would be very interesting to know about Tesla ownership among insurance executives anyway.
Thanks for the recommendation to look at Progressive. After State Farm raised the premium on my MX for the second year in a row, I shopped our auto policies at Progressive. Progressive gave us a price covering both my X & my wife's Lexus hybrid at the same policy limits offered by State Farm that was 60% of State Farm's quote for my X alone! If you study the premium costs, you can see that Progressive understands Tesla - for example, the collision coverage on my X costs less than the collision coverage for the 6 year old Lexus. Maybe because the Lexus can't avoid collisions by itself?

Reactions: Bebop