TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Integrated Center Console Mounting Question

Discussion in 'Model S' started by mbhforum, Sep 4, 2018.

1. mbhforum

mbhforum Member

My Tesla SC will be upgrading me to a newer Tesla integrated console and while I wait for it to arrive and be installed, can someone who has this console (anybody with a new model will have it), can you tell me if there is a way to hook a ProClip phone holder into the side like I have with my current console? In the 1st gen console, I was able to wiggle a hook in between the drop in console and yacht floor. From the pictures I see, it looks like the integrated console is bolted down and I won't be able to do the same thing.

IMG_0011.jpeg

2. Hwayhway

Hwayhway Member

I just installed the integrated center console into my P85D this end I don't think you will have room as the side panel run the length of console now and wraps over the top at the back cubby space.

3. mbhforum

mbhforum Member

Thanks. This is unfortunate and I guess one advantage the gen 1 Console has. Do you have a close up pic to show me? I really like ProClips but I hate the one made for our car which covers our 17” screen,

4. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

I use the other one as I don’t like it low

32B8DE1A-4971-4CB4-8549-72577E081B65.jpeg

5. mbhforum

mbhforum Member

#5 mbhforum, Sep 4, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    Thanks. I find the ones mounted high are uncomfortable to reach for and type when stopped at a red light or parked. I find that my arm needs to extend straight where as when it’s mounted low, can rest my elbow on the arm rests.

• Like x 1
  6. Hwayhway

Hwayhway Member

I can take a picture and send later this week.

7. mbhforum

mbhforum Member

Thanks! I’m also curious how many inches from the bottom of the console to the top leather part? I’ll probably need to order an bigger adjustable console from ProClip if I go that route. The key is weather I can squeeze the clip under the bottom. Proclip makes these console mounts for all of these Center consoles that are bolted down, so it might easily work.