Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interesting comment at the drag strip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took my 2022 Plaid with 19” wheels to Kil-Kare drag strip on July 21 for test and tune night. The strip is 1/8 mile but they will let you go full 1/4 mile if you ask for it. It might not be the best, safest option due to limited shutdown at this strip. I was pleasantly surprised at how effective the brakes were at slowing the car down from 150+ mph nonetheless! I made 3 full power passes, 2 in Plaid mode and 1 in stomp the accelerator only mode. Attached are timing tickets for the results. As I was preparing to leave a random guy came up to me and we had a 3 minute conversation about electric cars, drag racing etc. His last comment was “You broke a lot of hearts here tonight “
I’ve been thinking about that a lot!

Attachments

• 6AE017C9-2DB0-4079-9DA1-68D072D09D82.jpeg
    6AE017C9-2DB0-4079-9DA1-68D072D09D82.jpeg
    552 KB · Views: 245
There is nothing like the mechanical sounds (and for me, smell), technology, and wonderment of a ICE performance engine. We probably have reached the pinnacle of its development just as we start transitioning to other less developed alternatives. Perhaps there will be a classic "racing" niche to continue with a few ICE engines, just like we have horses, steam, and other forms of propulsion around today to show their capabilities and beauty. Electric propulsion just does affect the senses with any stimulation other than an appreciation of it technology. I guess the point is for it to have a nil impact on everything.