Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Took the Model X Plaid to the Drag Strip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Used drag strip mode to launch. Had some tire spin which limited my 60' time to 1.61 but otherwise, the only run I was able to do was not bad. 9.87@144 mph. With better traction, definitely a 9.70's car. Was planning on making 3 to 4 runs but it was a busy day at the track and many cars broke down requiring clean up.. Took 45 minutes before I was able to do my first run and I waited 1.5 hours in line to make my 2nd run but the line never moved as they ran slick cars and several broke down and required track clean up, so I went home. Orlando Speed World does not prep the track for Test&Tune, so, anyways, I wasn't expecting 1.50's 60' times there.

20220708_224717.jpg

crazy times for a heavy 5,000+ pounds family suv. Faster than the majority of all super cars and even hyper cars

What was your battery charge % when you started this run? How much battery did you loose after the run???
I was at 95% when I started the run and 93% when I finished it.. However, when I was back in line for a 2nd run, it was down to 92%, so I assume that each run takes about 2.5% off the battery.

Did you make the run w the AC on? Curious I ran mine w the AC on and I could t get it to run faster than 10.12 @139 on 4 runs. And I’ve been drag racing forever. Was kinda disappointed w the ET. Didn’t expect the AC would make much difference on a electric car like an ICE but maybe it did.

Did you make the run w the AC on? Curious I ran mine w the AC on and I could t get it to run faster than 10.12 @139 on 4 runs. And I’ve been drag racing forever. Was kinda disappointed w the ET. Didn’t expect the AC would make much difference on a electric car like an ICE but maybe it did.
AC use is not allowed at any of the tracks that I go to..Did you use drag strip mode with launch control?

If you're not already at the lowest suspension setting and in dragstrip mode and fully cheetahed, you won't get below 10 seconds.