Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interesting People You've Met

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think this applies to Scandinavia where parking next to another car at a Super Charger is considered a violation of other peoples personal space!

Just kidding, it's not that bad. But I've noticed here in wintertime, people is not that keen on standing outside talking car, rather staying in the car with the heat blasting.

Most conversations I've had at Super Chargers have been very brief and not something that has ended in some type of relationships, neither personal or business.

But I have given a lot of demonstrations and Tesla talks to people passing by and being curious, especially in the more northern part of the Swedish forests.

I heard that back in 2012 and 2013 when Tesla's were rare, most owners were car enthusiasts. Supercharger might have been almost empty and people could park the car overnight and Tesla did not care.

I think starting 2015, with leasing programs and more spotlights for Tesla's with P90D Ludicrous mode, and big name Youtubers indirectly advertising it, the number of sales increased a lot and here in Irvine and Newport Beach, Teslas are very saturated in the traffic. Heck, at one moment in I-405 today, 4 Teslas(including mine) were sharing the same road at the same time. Last week in Chipotle, including mine, there were 4 Model X's parked together. So due to the commonness, it is rare that people talk to each other.

I, on the other hand, feel some kinship with Teslas charging in superchargers. It still feels like we are in the same transportation clan/guild with "T" badge.

I don't think this applies to Scandinavia where parking next to another car at a Super Charger is considered a violation of other peoples personal space!

Just kidding, it's not that bad. But I've noticed here in wintertime, people is not that keen on standing outside talking car, rather staying in the car with the heat blasting.

Most conversations I've had at Super Chargers have been very brief and not something that has ended in some type of relationships, neither personal or business.

But I have given a lot of demonstrations and Tesla talks to people passing by and being curious, especially in the more northern part of the Swedish forests.

This is the most Scandinavian post in the history of the internet.

IMG_1624.jpg

There was a time earlier this year when these two gents were co-leaders in the most superchargers visited contest. I met them at the Sound of Silence Rally in Custer though this picture was taken at Gillette.
Good times @NKYTA and @Bighorn !

Reactions: NKYTA and Bighorn