Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior Fit Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all - just received my new Performance Model Y (first Tesla!) via the new contactless delivery. An interesting experience, not ideal, but completely understandable given these circumstances.

Overall, quality seems to be good, with the exception of the rear cargo area. The seats are not aligned, and are rubbing against each other creating a noticeable rattle while driving (almost like a bucket of plastic shaking). In addition, there were some plastic panels that look warped and cannot be clicked back into place.

I’ve provided the information to the delivery team to help rectify, but as rattles can be notorious to isolate, I’m concerned that I will have to live with it (experienced this with other ICE vehicles). Question is, does anyone have experience with stores being able to fix this, or should I be looking at returning (before 7-days is up)?

Any insight is appreciated.

Hi all - just received my new Performance Model Y (first Tesla!) via the new contactless delivery. An interesting experience, not ideal, but completely understandable given these circumstances.

Overall, quality seems to be good, with the exception of the rear cargo area. The seats are not aligned, and are rubbing against each other creating a noticeable rattle while driving (almost like a bucket of plastic shaking). In addition, there were some plastic panels that look warped and cannot be clicked back into place.

I’ve provided the information to the delivery team to help rectify, but as rattles can be notorious to isolate, I’m concerned that I will have to live with it (experienced this with other ICE vehicles). Question is, does anyone have experience with stores being able to fix this, or should I be looking at returning (before 7-days is up)?

Any insight is appreciated.
Congrats! What is your configuration?

Congrats! What is your configuration?
Thanks! Really excited about the potential of this car.
I got the Performance in deep blue metallic with the Gemini wheels (which I hate, but they are lightweight). Considered the PuP but didn’t really want the 30+ loss in range. No autopilot because I’m not 100% this will be useful to me within the next few years. And I can always Upgrade later.

Attachments

• 3D5DF5FB-046D-442C-8F4A-2DE9114865D1.jpeg
    3D5DF5FB-046D-442C-8F4A-2DE9114865D1.jpeg
    597.1 KB · Views: 85
Reactions: Dayreg
I had a great experience with Tesla repairing a few small delivery issues (squeaky seat, loose fender) with my P3D- but that was before the CV lockdown, so I would suggest contacting them and having them clarify what they can do in your instance.

Additionally, if after Tesla fixes delivery issues, for other rattles, there are a number of threads here which help isolate issues. As a bonus, here's a great guide:

Tesla Model 3 Soundproofing Guide (PART 1) – Intro to Noise reduction

I'n very happy with the results. You have to invest the time, but it was fun and a great way to get to know the car better.

Your Y looks fantastic.

Thanks! Really excited about the potential of this car.
I got the Performance in deep blue metallic with the Gemini wheels (which I hate, but they are lightweight). Considered the PuP but didn’t really want the 30+ loss in range. No autopilot because I’m not 100% this will be useful to me within the next few years. And I can always Upgrade later.
Awesome! Congrats.