Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior Led Strips, when?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where did you read that they are even starting this now?

There were 2 years old posts that people took some trims off from Model S and found evidences that it is already pre-wired for LED ambient lighting. If they do start offering the upgrade, am certain that we can get those too on existing refresh Model S.

Tesla is not that stupid to keep those pre-wiring plugs and wires if they had no intention to make money by selling a retrofit later.

Having said that, I did not read anywhere that ambient lighting is coming any time this year to the Model S. Seems like they are fully focused now on the M 3 highland and Cyber truck. . If I have to guess, the Model Y refresh would be the next priority for them.

I am sorry guys... I did see a video maybe a month ago with someone removing a door trim piece to reveal the possible use of ambient lightning...

I was almost certain that was part of a minor refresh on the S/X models...

I am sorry guys... I did see a video maybe a month ago with someone removing a door trim piece to reveal the possible use of ambient lightning...

I was almost certain that was part of a minor refresh on the S/X models...
Yeah there was another post on this forum in 2021. I guess the good news is that existing cars have the base pre-wiring to the potential future retrofit of the trim if they would ever offer it in the future

Reactions: James Cole
It was a added package back then when they offered different car prices, then they moved forward with all options included. I’m surprised that it’s no longer there.

6E07A73B-CB68-4BBD-BE57-EDC3EC78A98E.jpeg

84B562A1-6CBA-4803-B21E-08B3D1B1B4D2.jpeg

It was a added package back then when they offered different car prices, then they moved forward with all options included. I’m surprised that it’s no longer there.

View attachment 970883
View attachment 970884

My 2015 P85D has both; the $3k and $1k options. I'm indifferent to them. I don't drive a lot in the dark or at night time.

For me…. I personally never understood the fascination with LED lights inside or out? Seems like a Honda Civic kind of look that I see almost No vale or appreciation for.

I'll take this one a bit further, I don't even like the DRL LED strips in the headlights. I actually turn them off.

Reactions: Yelobird
Hello Guys,

Any sightings or deliveries of the interior leds?

Thanks
JC
Are you referring to the small refresh coming that leaked on x? If so, the leaker said 1-2 months, and it’ll be the led ambient lighting like the highland has, the in speaker blind spot led, front bumper cam, and new steer by wire for the yoke, which is where the new price increase came from. Since the price is already changed, one would think if you ordered that option now, you would get the refresh, but who knows!

Reactions: James Cole
Are you referring to the small refresh coming that leaked on x? If so, the leaker said 1-2 months, and it’ll be the led ambient lighting like the highland has, the in speaker blind spot led, front bumper cam, and new steer by wire for the yoke, which is where the new price increase came from. Since the price is already changed, one would think if you ordered that option now, you would get the refresh, but who knows!
Yep… this is it… was about a month ago perhaps?

Can‘t wait for the upgrade. I want my auto interior to look like a washroom in Tron.

View attachment 971939
My issue is that ever since they went to a dark headliner only on the S and X, it's rather cave-like and dark. The truth of the matter is that most cars of all price ranges at least offer something brighter than what Tesla offers. The fact they now offer it in the next M3 and is customizable shows they're at least listening if not watching the market trends. Much like many here keep asking when Tesla will activate the adaptive matrix headlights functionality. Some find it tacky, while others like it.