Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S/X minor refresh coming soon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw this earlier wonder what is in the works? Ugh and id love to have rgb ambient lighting. Sucks cause my S isn't even a month old yet :(

IMG_6384.png

Reactions: 127.0.0.0 and DBV1
Nice. I still think the Yoke offers the best view. It would be so hard to go back to a round wheel. 😊
Do you use FSD? With the round wheel I typically let the wheel slide thru my hand(s) but don't see that happening with the yoke.
I find the ability to instantly grab the wheel as a safety feature since there are times FSD really screws up.

Reactions: Rockstop
Do you use FSD? With the round wheel I typically let the wheel slide thru my hand(s) but don't see that happening with the yoke.
I find the ability to instantly grab the wheel as a safety feature since there are times FSD really screws up.
I do use FSD. I used to do that too, but don’t even think about that anymore. Have been using the Yoke for about 18 months now.

The yoke hasn’t been a problem with FSD.

Speaking of which, anyone know when new Model S with HW4 (which presumably is all new Model S now) will have autopilot or FSD?

Reactions: jebinc
I am cancelling my delivery today of a Model S Plaid after reading this thread - can’t believe I almost missed this thread LOL

Truly appreciative of insiders.

I read that Twitter thread and it’s odd how he’s not able to reveal anything outside of RGB interior lights.

Hopefully it’s before the deadline of transferring FSD - that’s $15k savings in itself.

You will never buy one. There were fairly major revisions (Some HW4) earlier this year. There will be more changes after this, including new batteries, etc. at some point. It is like buying a computer or mobile phone -- if you want only the latest tech, you will never buy one.
Yup, and as soon as you buy it it's already outdated.

this is overdue. they killed the right hand drive ones, the quality is lacking, and the price is too high. something has to break/change, and I figure it will be about Jan1.

Hopefully they play the software locked battery game and price the the X $79,999 so it qualifies for the rebate.

Picked up a 2023 Model Y, and there is no way in heck I'd buy a Model X over the Y at this point.
I'm not sure who's buying these, but I even already own a X, and wouldn't get a newer X.

You will never buy one. There were fairly major revisions (Some HW4) earlier this year. There will be more changes after this, including new batteries, etc. at some point. It is like buying a computer or mobile phone -- if you want only the latest tech, you will never buy one.
I already have a Tesla.

I generally like to buy cars right at a point of an update.

When this update comes out I’m not going to be looking at another revision in the following 2 months.

Hard to say if Tesla's update will be worth it or not. Who knows, they might de-content to make it cheaper like the 3/Y. I can't think of anything they could do to "freshen" it that would make me part with my Plaid. HW4 has no appeal to me since the dropped USS. I've got all the updates in my 2022 that matter to me.

Tesla has been on a roll with sometimes taking away more than they are giving. While thinking about it right now, the only thing that might tempt me would be much higher energy density in the batteries and an increase in performance (both range and acceleration). Since I added the track pack brakes, took care of the rear camber issue, have no major vibration issues, overall good panel gaps, and no bad rattles, I am not giving up something that really works well for me and is pretty well dialed. I know what the issues can be with my current car and only heaven knows how bad Tesla could screw up the next round.

RGB lights sound like something I have absolutely no interest in. Maybe we'll get more fake leather. They'll take the CF dash out to save more money. Every day I enjoy driving my Plaid like few other cars I've ever owned. I never owned anything this quick and fast that was such an awesome daily driver. I still love the design of the car. It does everything I ask of it and a 3 second blast of the go pedal helps relieve my stress after a hard day at work like few other activities can. The Plaid never has a headache and on the right roads, I don't violate any laws either.

Hard to say if Tesla's update will be worth it or not. Who knows, they might de-content to make it cheaper like the 3/Y. I can't think of anything they could do to "freshen" it that would make me part with my Plaid. HW4 has no appeal to me since the dropped USS. I've got all the updates in my 2022 that matter to me.

Tesla has been on a roll with sometimes taking away more than they are giving. While thinking about it right now, the only thing that might tempt me would be much higher energy density in the batteries and an increase in performance (both range and acceleration). Since I added the track pack brakes, took care of the rear camber issue, have no major vibration issues, overall good panel gaps, and no bad rattles, I am not giving up something that really works well for me and is pretty well dialed. I know what the issues can be with my current car and only heaven knows how bad Tesla could screw up the next round.

RGB lights sound like something I have absolutely no interest in. Maybe we'll get more fake leather. They'll take the CF dash out to save more money. Every day I enjoy driving my Plaid like few other cars I've ever owned. I never owned anything this quick and fast that was such an awesome daily driver. I still love the design of the car. It does everything I ask of it and a 3 second blast of the go pedal helps relieve my stress after a hard day at work like few other activities can. The Plaid never has a headache and on the right roads, I don't violate any laws either.
Well said. Tesla is on record of saying that future versions of the 3/Y will be dumbed down a bit in order to improve profitability. There certainly are reasons to suspect the future versions of the S/X will see the same in an effort to bring their prices down. If there was something really promising in this refresh, I would say sure, wait, but there really isn’t. RGB lights, seriously?