TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Interior pictures with gray seats

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by saz25, Jan 10, 2015.

1. saz25

saz25 Member

Hi,
    Can someone post or point me to interior pictures showing the gray leather seats up against each of the two Alcantera headliners ?

thanks in advance.

2. bigdomer

bigdomer Member

My two cents - don't get grey. I have been shocked how much color transfer is getting on the leather from blue jeans, etc. Wish I would have gone black.

3. sickfox

sickfox Member

Hope this helps. I took some pictures after we picked up the car in Fremont, CA. I got the black headliner to compliment the grey seats. I didn't want it to be too dark in the cockpit. So far no issues with color transfer.

20141207_173741.jpg

20141207_173931.jpg

20141207_174311.jpg

20141207_173850.jpg

4. PatD

PatD Member

Did you ever seal or protect the seats? I'm hearing great things about GTechniq L1, but you'll obviously want to clean or get your seats cleaned before using.

I'm a black leather guy normally, but considering the grey, so. . . Keeping an eye on this one!

5. bigdomer

bigdomer Member

I did not. Guess I should have. FWIW, I had no idea when I ordered that grey seats came with black carpet. Had I known that I would have ordered black leather.

6. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

My wife and I have had no issues with color transfer to our gray seats over the 1+ year we have owned our S. But then we don't wear blue jeans.

7. PatD

PatD Member

I was wondering about that. Personally, I don't think I'd want grey carpet - that would be a nightmare to keep clean!

8. Vitaman

Vitaman Member

Love my grey seats but the advice on treating them with a Leather Barrier is probably a good one.
    The grey lightens up the car and it's more of BMW's Silverstone color rather than a dove or smoke grey.
    I plan on getting the best leather treatment I am able to once the next gen seats go in.

9. saz25

saz25 Member

thanks sickfox for the pix...

Now that you mentioned carpet color, I never thought of that.
    I wonder if that means I shouldn't order the white alcantera if the carpet is black.

What determines the carpet color selection ?

10. breser

breser AutoPilot Nostradamus

There is no color selection all Model S' have black carpet.

11. Jgdixon

Jgdixon Member

The carpet color is always black even on my Sig that I had with white interior.

12. DNE

DNE Member

About to decide on ordering the Model S with deep blue exterior, considering the gray leeather and black alcantara. Any pictures or thoughts on this combination?
    Heard the gray is hardly ordered in the Netherlands so far, making it hard to get a good impression

13. perkiset

perkiset ... this one goes to 11

Exactly what I got, except for the glossy obeche. It looks tuxedo, I think you'll be pleased.

14. JMG

JMG Member

I have the grey interior with black headliner and glossy obeche. I think its a killer combination. Small issues with color transfer but easy to get up with a wet rag. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

15. DNE

DNE Member

any chance you might be able to show the interior, guys?
    Would love to decide on it today ;)

16. Khatsalano

Khatsalano Member

Basically, you can't make this car look ugly, no matter how hard you try to misfit the interior combos. :) I would have preferred a faux-leather option with a black textile headliner and sustainable bamboo wood trim though.

Yup, I'm one of those. I would prefer to roll up to my backyard grill, working on a grass-fed cut of dry-aged ribeye with my awesome looking Model S in the driveway winking at me. Damn, I can taste it.

- K

17. mwulff

mwulff Member

I ordered the old blue with grey interior and the black alcantare headliner. The car has been described as royal be several people who saw it inside. I would say that it is a winning combination. Also don't order grey seats without the black headliner it sort of looks weird, not bad but just a bit "tri-colory".

The car is not home now, but I will try to get a few shots and post a picture.

18. duyph4m

duyph4m Member

Here you go.. just love this combination :) IMG_6348.JPG IMG_6407.JPG IMG_6408.JPG IMG_6409.JPG IMG_6410.JPG

19. DNE

DNE Member

wow great job (on the pictures) and great choice too. Looks like a great combination

20. DNE

DNE Member

Thanks for your input. Ordered deep blue with gray next gen, black alcantara headliner and piano black.