Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Intermittent steering vibration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm hoping somebody can help me figure out an intermittent issue I'm having with my model X. Occasionally, every quarter or half mile but not consistently I feel a slight vibration in the steering wheel that lasts for approximately one second. It is similar to the rumble strip on the edge of the freeway. But not as strong. I spoke with a friend of mine who has a model S and he said that he has felt the same thing occasionally in his car. I haven't had a chance to take my car to the shop yet and I'm just curious if anybody out there has had a similar problem.

Reactions: Ryshaw
I'm hoping somebody can help me figure out an intermittent issue I'm having with my model X. Occasionally, every quarter or half mile but not consistently I feel a slight vibration in the steering wheel that lasts for approximately one second. It is similar to the rumble strip on the edge of the freeway. But not as strong. I spoke with a friend of mine who has a model S and he said that he has felt the same thing occasionally in his car. I haven't had a chance to take my car to the shop yet and I'm just curious if anybody out there has had a similar problem.
Thanks @ericK and all who replied. I had the exact same thing going on with my new MX, but quickly found the answer thanks to this thread.