Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Intermittent turn signal change

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Use the full turn signal and turn on the auto cancel turn signal option. It will automatically turn the signal off after the lane change is completed.

This article is on the S and X, but the feature should be on the Y and 3 now (I have it on my Y)

Reactions: Pianewman
I was just hoping there was a software change hidden in Service mode somewhere that could let me change from 3 to 5 like I had in my ICE car.
I currently just hold the stalk on the first indent for 4 blips and then release.
I think I'l change to auto cancel and see if I like it any better.
Thanks all for the replies!

CliffBSA: The "auto cancel" is by far the best solution. Single tap on the stalk, u/d, and blinkers work until your car is centered in the adjoining lane...assuming there are clear stripes on the pavement.

The only time I find I don't like the auto-cancel, is when I'm trying to change multiple lanes, or continuing to turn after changing lanes. Unless you're moving quickly across lanes, which I rarely do when changing multiple lanes - you have to hit the stalk again.
On the rare occasion that I do happen to switch multiple lanes quickly, the directional will stay on.