Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Intermittent Wiper Failure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the Christmas update to my MX last night (2023.44.30.4) and now my Intermittent wipers are working just fine on both slow and fast intermittent settings. To be clear, they are working for my first drive after the update. I still need to see them work more than once to be sure they are fixed.

It looks like the fix I received is functioning more like regular intermittent wipers using a time-based control:
Slow Intermittent speed = 1 wipe per-5second interval with or without rain.
Fast Intermittent speed = 1 wipe per-2.5second interval with or without rain.

Not running auto-wipe mode. maybe that will change them to being something other than time-based intermittent wiping.

So nothing fancy but they work. I'm happy with simple and reliable. :)

Last edited:
Anyone else having this issue? Keep in mind, I have auto wiper (beta) setting enabled. When I set the stalk auto with low or high rain sensitivity, it will keep wiping until I put it into drive or reverse. Once I place it in park, it will start wiping again. The only way to stop it from wiping in park is to turn the wiper setting on the stalk to off. Not sure how I can fix this? It wasn’t happening before the update.

Last edited:
Anyone else having this issue? Keep in mind, I have auto wiper (beta) setting enabled. When I set the stalk auto with low or high rain sensitivity, it will keep wiping until I put it into drive or reverse. Once I place it in park, it will start wiping again. The only way to stop it from wiping in park is to turn the wiper setting on the stalk to off. Not sure how I can fix this? It wasn’t happening before the update.
That's super weird. Have you tried the obvious reboots? It should be the other way around: wiping in drive or reverse, not wiping in park.

Reactions: sabor
Yes, same exact issue for me w/2017 X90D. Auto wipers work normally until I'm in park. As soon as I go to park the wipers turn on in intermittent mode, even when Auto-Wipers beta is turned on. Only option is to just turn off the stalk or turn off auto-wipers (beta).

Sigh, seems like Tesla fixed the issue for many, but gave some of us a partial fix/broken fix. I wish I knew how to report this up the chain.

Reactions: sabor
Yes, same exact issue for me w/2017 X90D. Auto wipers work normally until I'm in park. As soon as I go to park the wipers turn on in intermittent mode, even when Auto-Wipers beta is turned on. Only option is to just turn off the stalk or turn off auto-wipers (beta).

Sigh, seems like Tesla fixed the issue for many, but gave some of us a partial fix/broken fix. I wish I knew how to report this up the chain.
Same for my 17 MS

there is a new version 2023.44.30.6 just released 12-23-23, maybe it would fix the bugs