TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

International Centre delivery experiences

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Rlhm3, May 29, 2018.

1. Rlhm3

Rlhm3 Member

Just hoping people will share their delivery experiences so that those of us coming after can know what to expect.

I’m coming from Ottawa so am not familiar with the facility but it looks huge on Google maps.

Will Tesla tell us exactly where to go 24 hours before our appointment?

Thanks!

• Like x 1
  2. sakimano

sakimano Active Member

Try the other 3 international centre threads. Or the other 11 model 3 delivery threads?

• Funny x 3
  3. Liquidmetal101

Not to worry. When you pull up to the Centre there will be Tesla banners and staff telling you where to go. My pick up date is on the 6th. I as well will be travelling from Ottawa.

• Like x 1
  4. ZooSean

ZooSean ZOO

Hall 6.

Could we use this thread as title says to share actual experience on delivery at international center?

I think international center opens today.

• Like x 3
  5. Tomayr

Tomayr Member

I agree we should have this separate thread. Everyone is curious on how it goes and how much it improves with time.

• Like x 2
  6. 1Step2NoGas

1Step2NoGas Member

Looking forward to reading people's experiences as well as sharing mine. I'm not a blogger/vlogger so I hope to simply give some point form type of summary.

• Like x 1
  7. insaini

insaini Member

I'll start -

Although I picked up a Model S and not a Model 3, delivery experience should be mostly the same.

I picked up my Model S on December 18th from the International Center. There was a big push for deliveries that month so just like now, they rented Hall 6.

I arrived on time and was greeted and asked to wait in the seating area. They had juice plus water and coffee (Nespresso Machine) in Tesla branded cups.

After about 5 minutes, a rep came to me and asked me to come with him to get all the paper work signed. It was just a table in the lobby. The table had a "Certificate" on it that said Congratulations and my name.

While I was signing the papers, someone else came by and grabbed my keys for my trade in and went to check it to make sure it was all good. They came back and confirmed it was all good within about 5 minutes as well as handed me my old license plates.

After I finished signing the paper work, the rep took me into the main hall where a bunch of Model S were parked. Mine was there with the lights on and waiting for me. I took some pictures in front of it and then the Rep and I walked around the car to make sure everything was good. We did a full walk through of the exterior and interior including how to charge the car and a quick demo of the screen and how everything works. This took about 20 - 30 minutes total.

Once that was done, the rep asked me to wait in the lobby while they brought the car around to the front. Once it arrived in the front, I was handed the keys and that was it.

During the time of pickup, there were 2 other families there picking up their cars.

I believe with the amount of Model 3's that need to be delivered, your experience will be almost exactly the same as mine. Quick and to the point.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

• Like x 5
    • Informative x 4
    • Helpful x 1
  8. Nathanael

Nathanael Member

Live update! Im here now.

They are out of coffee cups!

• Funny x 11
  9. Zaxxon

Zaxxon Supporting Member

Ask for a second Model 3 as compensation.

Seriously, congrats! Good to see our Canadian brethren joining the fun!

• Funny x 1
    • Love x 1
  10. Veedio

Veedio Member

Things are just falling off a cliff, aren't they? ;)

• Funny x 2
  11. McCaesar

McCaesar Member

They'll be bankrupt by the end of the week.

• Funny x 1
  12. Nathanael

Nathanael Member

UPDATE: Cups are back! Limited quantity

UPDATE 2: god damnit now there’s no coffee

• Funny x 15
    • Love x 1
  13. ZooSean

ZooSean ZOO

How is the coffee taste then. I will bring my own coffee cup there;)

14. Nathanael

Nathanael Member

A5CC9621-A9BB-47D9-B9A7-8BCB2E574FED.jpeg
    It’s decent!

Head up, my appointment was at 4:15, been waiting an hour. It’s a little unorganized here today ...

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  15. Nathanael

Nathanael Member

ok just found out no one has left with their car yet because they needed to drive into town to get vehicle registrations for everyone. Noobs!

• Funny x 3
  16. Buggle

Buggle Member

thank God I'm not on the first day lol!

• Like x 2
  17. canucksnaphook

Glad I was first today by the sounds of it !!!

AMAZING CAR !!!

A panel issue at the ffront and a few scrapes but I am clearly in love already.

About 25km into ride home the Autopilot (or whatever it is we are calling it) kicked in and it was mindblowing.....my 74 yr old father wasnt sure if he could relax enough but thought it was awesome.

Use adaptive thru stop and go traffic and i cnnot believe how awesome that is as well.

Off to sit in the garage.....admiriing my car.

Hope you all get yours soon !

• Like x 8
    • Love x 5
    • Informative x 1
  18. ZooSean

ZooSean ZOO

Looks like morning appointments are better since they have to get everything ready on the bay before.

• Like x 1
  19. canucksnaphook

We were the first car out of the International Centre. Had the 1pm slot.

• Like x 6
    • Informative x 1
    • Love x 1
  20. ebatmobile

ebatmobile Member

Got mine. Went super smooth, 20 minutes after my appointment I was out the door. The car is everything I hoped for and more. So much power!!!!

• Like x 12
    • Informative x 4
    • Love x 2