Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

International Centre delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Feels like they are understaffed? I don’t know, but I’m getting hangry. Not that happy that McDonald’s drive thru will prob be first place I’ll have to drive to with my new baby.

New staff PLUS understaffed?

So fortunate we were 1pm.

I have already been in contact with Las Vegas to get my panel issue DOCUMENTED just in case. THey are overwhelmed in Toronto and this could be a long process for many.

Good luck !

• Informative
Reactions: navguy12
ok.. THAT was interesting,,poorly organized...
sum up..(i have to do DAD taxi in a sec..with a tesla this time)
2:45 appointment... got in at 3:00..took 5 min to sign papers..they said in 20-30 min you get car...
we sat and listened to a lady going over some basics of the car..nothing special...
at 4:30 we finally got keys...
they said..here ya go..enjoy the car..no once over or anything or directions how to leave the back of the convention center..i went the long way around.
car looks great..have a few "paint" splotches on interior trim but over all very happy woth it
nerve raking driving new car in stop and go traffic at rush hour..home in time to drop son off..now to go drop daughter off..
jb

Yea, ended up waiting 2.5 hours to get car. It was very unorganized, but I guess thats the price we pay when we have hundreds of cars going out in a day.

Car is amazing, and at the end of the day I' very excited - it just was not the most graceful way to receive a $80,000 car...

• Informative
Reactions: GSP
Car is amazing. It was worth the wait. Our delivery experience was a little better than those posted above, but still longer than we were told waiting for registration paperwork. I'm sure they will get it sorted in the next few days.

Took it right from delivery to dyno... video to follow with the dyno numbers. More work to be done tomorrow!

DynoVideoTitle.jpg

Got my car today....absolutely amazing!
Thendeliverybexperienxe could have been better, but overall, the staff is helpful and pleasant. They are dealing with many people asking "where is my car?"

So...give them some slack...be patient
..expect possible delays...and don't plan a commitment shortly after your appt time. Don't let a delay in the process ruin the enjoyment of this awesome car!

Got my car today....absolutely amazing!
Thendeliverybexperienxe could have been better, but overall, the staff is helpful and pleasant. They are dealing with many people asking "where is my car?"

So...give them some slack...be patient
..expect possible delays...and don't plan a commitment shortly after your appt time. Don't let a delay in the process ruin the enjoyment of this awesome car!
staff were great.. but who ever thought of how to do the logistics should have their credentials checked.. they did their best with what they had been dealt to them..the post day meeting would be interesting...
hopefully they asked each other..what worked..what didn't and how can we get rid of the bottlenecks..hopefully smooth sailing today..
jb
BTW car is AWESOME!!! :)

Yep I can't blame the front line staff every single one of them was great and yelling at them does NOTHING so please be patient. They honestly want to get you the car as quickly as possible. That being said I hope there is a de-brief with management on how to speed the process up. It seems the gap was from where people signed their papers to it being validated and delivered to the desk where you get your keys.

I was lucky in that it only took a few minutes but I saw others there waiting hours.

Try to be patient, once you step in the car all the frustration will melt away. It is phenomenal to drive! Congratulations to everyone getting their cars today. Stay calm!

• Informative
Reactions: navguy12
Sounds like the opposite experience from picking up in the store. I picked up at Lawrence and had an amazing experience.

Thats to be expected, you are getting a 1:1 experience vs hundreds of deliveries. It wasn't bad to be honest, they have a nice area set up with an employee going over all the features to a video so you can learn while you wait. Lots of coffee and everyone is extremely friendly. Just takes a while for the paperwork to make it to the front desk in some cases. Hopefully they learn from yesterday and I'm sure they will improve for today.

One issue I experienced afterward. Might be mentioned on another thread, but thought I should mention it here in case it saves someone some time.

This morning (1 days after picking up model 3), I was unable to log onto my tesla app. It says there are no products associated with my tesla account. Called tesla support and they said that when you pick up the car, they only give temporary access through the Tesla app. It is usual for the access to disappear next day - it takes 24-48 hours for the access to come back.

My handover at the delivery event was a little outside of normal process because they got me confused with someone that had a problem with their car, so they may have forgotten to tell me.

One issue I experienced afterward. Might be mentioned on another thread, but thought I should mention it here in case it saves someone some time.

This morning (1 days after picking up model 3), I was unable to log onto my tesla app. It says there are no products associated with my tesla account. Called tesla support and they said that when you pick up the car, they only give temporary access through the Tesla app. It is usual for the access to disappear next day - it takes 24-48 hours for the access to come back.

My handover at the delivery event was a little outside of normal process because they got me confused with someone that had a problem with their car, so they may have forgotten to tell me.

That's normal. They really should tell people to keep their key cards with them for the first 24-48 hours and that the app will reset.

Ya this is normal ... my access to the app was given to me temporarily and then disappeared for about 24 hours. You should most likely see access again this evening or tomorrow morning.