Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Internet Connection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone found out why the internet has not been working pretty much most of the time?

I had my car for about 3 days after getting it back from the body shop (to fix defects that it came with from the factory), and the internet has been down for approximately 3 of the 5 hours that I have driven!

This pic is from reddit and not mine, people have been discussing this a lot lately.

Bm-iweK5J1ty1gBz-LTEe14dnhJadPARvZM9lNwbeqc.jpg

I wonder if it has anything to do with so many M3's flooding the market so suddenly, and Tesla systems unable to handle it?

Hi Bayx,

Thank you for your response...
This is wacky... I believe those bars in your car are also a measure of the cell signal strength.
It is possible that there is a bad connection to the car's cellular antenna.
Only your service center can tell you for sure.

I am also not sure about the same or an additional antenna for wifi...
Is your wifi at home acceptable?

Thank you,

Shawn

• Informative
Reactions: bayx
I had this happen on a trip for some 15 or 20 minutes... or maybe it was longer. I called support on the cell phone and just as they picked up the icon had changed to working again. I think this was too long to be a cell strength issue and my other cell that is AT&T worked fine. The cell I was talking on is Google Fi which uses the "also-ran" cell towers and sometimes won't work on the highway. The point is the cell phones both worked the whole time but the car didn't get any connection. I had recently used the three finger salute to try to fix an error reported for the radar which turned out to be obscured forward cameras. So I didn't try fixing this with a reset, in the end it fixed itself. Is this thing a car or a blinkin' Windows PC?

• Informative
Reactions: bayx
Mine has been down since last Monday when I installed 2018.48. Am hoping it was a bad update as I have an appointment on Tuesday because it was working fine that same morning before the update. All networks are fine in Paris so it can’t be that.

Was wondering which reddit thread mentions this as I’ve been unable to find it.

Thanks, Dimitri

Mine has been down since last Monday when I installed 2018.48. Am hoping it was a bad update as I have an appointment on Tuesday because it was working fine that same morning before the update. All networks are fine in Paris so it can’t be that.

Was wondering which reddit thread mentions this as I’ve been unable to find it.

Thanks, Dimitri

Mine has been doing the same since 2018.46