Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inventory 75 and 75D now show 0-60mph 5.4s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just noticed this too. Super concerning because I have a 205 VIN 75D New Inventory that supposedly has the new drive unit that I haven't taken delivery of yet. Now all of a sudden this has happened.

Big ball of confusion right now...

I just noticed this too. Super concerning because I have a 205 VIN 75D New Inventory that supposedly has the new drive unit that I haven't taken delivery of yet. Now all of a sudden this has happened.

Very odd indeed. Many of these inventory were built well after they announced the increased performance in early July. It doesn't seem to make sense that these are listed at 5.4. Perhaps there was so much confusion and uncertainty over which inventory cars had the increased performance that they just raised the advertised specs of every car?

This does appear to be an administrative change only. I can't imagine that anything 'technical' happened to speed up or slow down the entire fleet of 75's, so this may be as 'Itsnotaboutthemoney' says and is primarily a business move.

Perhaps there's a small chance that fleet data could show increased wear on the faster models. That could potentially influence their decision to upgrade a large number of currently ineligible cars.

This is surely an interesting turn of events! My hat is off to Tesla for keeping me on the edge of my seat. I never had this much fun anticipating upcoming changes to my vehicle when I drove a Silverado.

-DJ

Very odd indeed. Many of these inventory were built well after they announced the increased performance in early July. It doesn't seem to make sense that these are listed at 5.4. Perhaps there was so much confusion and uncertainty over which inventory cars had the increased performance that they just raised the advertised specs of every car?

Which is stranger because in the design studio it still shows 4.2 0-60.

Maybe a error was made