Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inventory Order-Delivery fee?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I placed an inventory order on a model S and got the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement which shows the $1200 destination and doc fee. I ordered it online and went into the store to confirm that I didn't have to pay the delivery fee.
The sales person said that the car is being shipped from Hawaii (I live in California) but he said the $1200 fee covers the delivery.

Am I going to be charged a fee later in the process? Reading through the purchase agreement it only states that I need to pay the taxes and registration fees.

Let me know if anyone else has similar experiences and what the end result was.

Hello,

I placed an inventory order on a model S and got the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement which shows the $1200 destination and doc fee. I ordered it online and went into the store to confirm that I didn't have to pay the delivery fee.
The sales person said that the car is being shipped from Hawaii (I live in California) but he said the $1200 fee covers the delivery.

Am I going to be charged a fee later in the process? Reading through the purchase agreement it only states that I need to pay the taxes and registration fees.

Let me know if anyone else has similar experiences and what the end result was.
The $1200 is destination & document fee - everyone pays that regardless of whether the car was shipped across country or picked up at the factory. There is a separate delivery fee that they charge for actual shipping/trucking of the vehicle, which Tesla has been waiving. Looks like your agreement is correct if the $1200 is all you are paying. No one gets that fee waived.