Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inventory S Long Range disappeared. Is it to sell more Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are trying to buy an inventory S Long Range and there are only few cars available.
In contrast, there is a huge number of inventory Xs and Performance S on sale.

Do you think that Tesla decreased the supply of S Long Range ones to make people trade down to 3 or trade up to S Performance?

And, what is a REAL wait time now if we decide to order a new S right now? (website says 2-3 weeks, but who knows if it's true).

• Disagree
Reactions: Ostrichsak
I see about 50 Long Range model savailable on EV-CPO although there are about a 100 Performance models too. I don't think they're pushing people towards the 3, they're probably just burning through their inventory. They stopped the sale that was going on last week (free options) but they didn't totally stop it, only the ability to find random cars and discount them. Some advisors are looking for people who have similar orders to what's in inventory and they're allowed to discount the inventory cars for them so I bet a lot of that is happening.

I see about 50 Long Range model savailable on EV-CPO although there are about a 100 Performance models too. I don't think they're pushing people towards the 3, they're probably just burning through their inventory. They stopped the sale that was going on last week (free options) but they didn't totally stop it, only the ability to find random cars and discount them. Some advisors are looking for people who have similar orders to what's in inventory and they're allowed to discount the inventory cars for them so I bet a lot of that is happening.
The 50 LR cars that you are seeing are either not shippable without astronomical fees, or are a different configuration. In fact, there is none in Chicago.

As for the sale, our adviser in Chicago says they DID stop it. So it's either buy P100D with Ludicrous (I would buy P100D with Insane only), or get a 3, or order new and wait 3 weeks (between 2 and 4).

We are trying to buy an inventory S Long Range and there are only few cars available.
In contrast, there is a huge number of inventory Xs and Performance S on sale.

Do you think that Tesla decreased the supply of S Long Range ones to make people trade down to 3 or trade up to S Performance?

And, what is a REAL wait time now if we decide to order a new S right now? (website says 2-3 weeks, but who knows if it's true).
No they just didn’t want to sell you one

• Funny
Reactions: Ciaopec
The 50 LR cars that you are seeing are either not shippable without astronomical fees, or are a different configuration. In fact, there is none in Chicago.

As for the sale, our adviser in Chicago says they DID stop it. So it's either buy P100D with Ludicrous (I would buy P100D with Insane only), or get a 3, or order new and wait 3 weeks (between 2 and 4).

The last 2 weeks of the quarter they stop shipping cars because they might not get delivered before end of quarter. My OA told me that I had to take delivery before end of quarter to get my car with the discount it had (which didn't end up being true according to a different OA) so I was able to convince them to allow a third party trucker pick it up. They get to mark it as sold before end of quarter in their books that way. The issue with doing it this way is you don't get to inspect the car before taking delivery, but if the truck can deliver it before 7 days are up then you can still return it if necessary.

Reactions: Green_Light
Buy another X or S to help rebalance! But remember: it was all about accelerating the move to sustainable transportation. Boring (to you) or not, it seems to be working.
Another s? lol.....thats funny. Most people save their whole life to be able to buy a model s. Sure the 3 is easier to attain which is obvious in price but it somehow cheapens the company to me. Sure like i said its helping fund musk for whatever he is into but to see so many model 3 driving here just makes tesla more of a chevy/honda company in a way. But i guess thats the goal in the end.

Reactions: Green_Light
Audi, BMW and MB, all luxury brands, produce cars in a broad range of sizes and prices from mass market to incredibly expensive. Tesla started at the high end to get the big margins able to support EV development. The Model 3 broadens the market to include drivers who want a good looking EV with decent range but can't afford the high price of Model S and X. Some people lament the loss of Tesla exclusivity from the pre Model 3 era but that's just the way it is. More electric vehicles reduce both carbon dioxide production and other tailpipe emissions. Where I live, the Province of Ontario in Canada, around 96% of the power comes from non-CO2 sources. Tesla is the EV brand in North America and many other parts of the world. Once Tesla gets the Model Y and pick-up truck in production the company should seriously consider an even smaller EV than the Model 3. Something in an
SUV body style
for commuting and running around town could be a winner particularly with the Tesla name on it.

Another s? lol.....thats funny. Most people save their whole life to be able to buy a model s. Sure the 3 is easier to attain which is obvious in price but it somehow cheapens the company to me. Sure like i said its helping fund musk for whatever he is into but to see so many model 3 driving here just makes tesla more of a chevy/honda company in a way. But i guess thats the goal in the end.
That doesn’t make any sense really, I see more 3 series or 5 series BMW’s than I do 7 series or M5’s.. does that make BMW a cheap brand? A Honda alternative?

Audi, BMW and MB, all luxury brands, produce cars in a broad range of sizes and prices from mass market to incredibly expensive. Tesla started at the high end to get the big margins able to support EV development. The Model 3 broadens the market to include drivers who want a good looking EV with decent range but can't afford the high price of Model S and X. Some people lament the loss of Tesla exclusivity from the pre Model 3 era but that's just the way it is. More electric vehicles reduce both carbon dioxide production and other tailpipe emissions. Where I live, the Province of Ontario in Canada, around 96% of the power comes from non-CO2 sources. Tesla is the EV brand in North America and many other parts of the world. Once Tesla gets the Model Y and pick-up truck in production the company should seriously consider an even smaller EV than the Model 3. Something in an
SUV body style
for commuting and running around town could be a winner particularly with the Tesla name on it.
An SUV smaller than a model 3? What lol