Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inventory Vehicle - Increase in Long Range Cost

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

WaitingInLA

MYLR Black on Black. 7/19 Order
Jul 20, 2021
Los Angeles
Hello all,

My husband and I recently decided to order a Model Y from existing inventory as we are sure our first order (July 19th) would not be ready until darn near December. We picked the car, discussed the price with the rep and were excited to take delivery this weekend.... Until we realized we were being charged the increased price of $14,000 for the long range option as opposed to the $11,000 in our original order. We understand prices increased, but it just seems wild to pay this fee given the car we would be getting already has 1300 miles on it and thus has been on the road before the increase. I say all that to ask if anyone has been successful in having Tesla adjust the price to reflect the cost prior to an increase?

Hello all,

My husband and I recently decided to order a Model Y from existing inventory as we are sure our first order (July 19th) would not be ready until darn near December. We picked the car, discussed the price with the rep and were excited to take delivery this weekend.... Until we realized we were being charged the increased price of $14,000 for the long range option as opposed to the $11,000 in our original order. We understand prices increased, but it just seems wild to pay this fee given the car we would be getting already has 1300 miles on it and thus has been on the road before the increase. I say all that to ask if anyone has been successful in having Tesla adjust the price to reflect the cost prior to an increase?
Tesla will not adjust the price. And why would they? It was clearly spelled out at the time you placed your order.

If it changed after the fact, that’s a different story.