Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New to the forum - M3 RWD Long range pickup on Monday.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey welcome. My advice (and just so that you can dispel all the comments from your naysayer friends and relatives) is to do two LONG trips to address/cure any range anxiety (which just isn't a thing in a Tesla). Oh and then you have to arrange to return home with 1% or less ;) I've managed 2%, it was supposed to be 1% but the car cheated and did it with 2.
Depending on where you are, go to the other side of the country and then go down through France somewhere South. The superchargers are cheaper, the roads are far better and it's just a blast. After those you'll just shrug and not care at all about anything range wise thereafter.
Plus I enjoy reading about people's road trips to give me ideas for my next one.
Already planned mine and I haven’t got the car yet.

UK - Cologne- Vienna- Budapest for Hungary F1 2024, then Stuttgart- Brussels- UK

Hotels all booked, route planned, F1 tickets sorted. :)

@Greytop @Shamone

How does the car drive? Heard RWD M3’s can raise a grin because of the drivetrain
I absolutely love it, my first EV, no gear changes, no waiting for a turbo and the torque is incredible, the M3P must be insane. Im converted already and its been one day, only thing missing is the noise but it does have its own unique tune.

I absolutely love it, my first EV, no gear changes, no waiting for a turbo and the torque is incredible, the M3P must be insane. Im converted already and its been one day, only thing missing is the noise but it does have its own unique tune.
I did take an M3P out from Bristol. Thought we’d be given a LR AWD.

Rocket ship. Used to have a tuned B8 S4 that hit 60 in under 3.5, but the M3P was on another level.

I had a 50 Etron as well but that was just a big comfortable car that looked good in the golf club car park . Smooth relaxing to drive, so looking forward to getting into an EV again. Wife’s got an ID3, but that’s not the same :)

@Greytop @Shamone

How does the car drive? Heard RWD M3’s can raise a grin because of the drivetrain
I'm quite impressed with it. Of course it's not as quick as a dual motor long range (which I initially demo'd) but still plenty quick enough. Handling was a pleasant surprise in that it's good and I like the steering being relatively direct. Ride quality is OK but not a match for my old F31.

I'll just add it does kind of make the BMW feel 'old' and lethargic in comparison.

Last edited:
Already planned mine and I haven’t got the car yet.

UK - Cologne- Vienna- Budapest for Hungary F1 2024, then Stuttgart- Brussels- UK

Hotels all booked, route planned, F1 tickets sorted. :)
Love it! I think it was you that I sent the European site details to look up and register for the various clean air zones. Not that it impacts us, other than ticking a box to avoid hassle.

Reactions: Badger54
The RWD long range is really the configuration I’d like, but the lower spec audio puts me off. Having the “premium” setup in my LR AWD I’m now completely spoiled when I listen to other stock audio systems.
To be honest I've not really fully emersed myself in the audio of the new car yet :) I guess there is always the upgrade route if it feels subpar.

To be honest I've not really fully emersed myself in the audio of the new car yet :) I guess there is always the upgrade route if it feels subpar.
I think the non-premium audio is pretty decent, but the premium system is, by far, the best stock audio system I've ever heard. It certainly beat the pants off the HK system in the i4 that I test drove.