Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New to the forum - M3 RWD Long range pickup on Monday.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm what would you personally do? Go new RWD LR or used LR?

I’m mainly thinking of warranty, etc
I will pick the RWD LR - if that is available for personal buy thro’ inventory on PCP with 0%interest rate (if that is important to you).

Given the range estimate of 380 miles it beats the used LR hands down in practicality, convenience and warranty. The only reason you would want to go for LR is accelaration boost and premium audio - if that is so important to you. I think your wifey is right, just listen to her!

So not a lot of love for the brand new?

My wife will be the ultimate deciding factor 😂 but I want to try and steer her to the correct decision
New is great if you can lease through a salary sacrifice scheme to save tax, but if just a personal purchase then given the over supply of used Model 3s at the moment the prices are good.

LR has all wheel drive and better performance. If you go with a 2021 model then you would have a 360 mile range and Intel processor. If you got into a 2022 model the range would increase to 374 and Ryzen (neither range is achievable in real life). 2022 model would also have double pain glass on the front door windows and slightly revised rear light clusters. I say 2021 and 2022 but changes occur at random and come and go so you cannot easily tell without visiting the vehicle. There really isn't much difference between them, and personally I'd prefer either over a late 2022/23 model without parking sensors.

Reactions: sparkie1984
So the wife wants a new car 😂 can anyone tell me if there’s any other differences other than the speed and audio?
As per @spdpsba post, will you be financing it? That could make a huge difference in price to the used vehicle.

Used £30,000 @ 60m @ 7% = £35459.83 or 60 fixed monthly payments of £591
@ 9.9% it would be £37783.38 or 60 fixed monthly payments of £630
VS
New £46,990 @ 60m @ 0% = £46,990 or 60 fixed monthly payments of £783

Last edited: