Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New to the forum - M3 RWD Long range pickup on Monday.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Make sure you check that car over thoroughly though. I have only just spotted today that paint is bubbling along the inside edge (underneath) of the rear boot seam. Not impressed with that and have contacted service. If I had spotted it on pick up would have rejected the car.
Oh dear that's not great - good tip though. I think someone's done a checklist somewhere online - I'll have to print it off. Not sure what the options are if you have to reject though - I think the stock is largely out now.

Reactions: Greytop
Hi all!

Congrats to those who’ve got the cars! I’m on the fence currently whether to go with a brand new M3 RWD LR or whether to go for a used M3 LR..

I can’t find anywhere that lists the model differences? Obviously the M3 LR is dual motor and faster to 60 ( l currently have a 330D BMW and the RWD version seems to have the same 0-60)

I saw something on here about the LR having a premium sound system? Apart from that any other differences?

I’m trying to work out whether getting brand new car is worth it or whether to go for a 2021…

Any advice ?? 😂

Oh another thought! (Sorry!!)

Does it still have the heat pump and power boot etc?

All I’ve figured so far pros and cons of M3 RWD LR vs M3 LR

Pros: brand new so more warranty, Ryzen infotainment

Cons: no ultrasonic sensors, slower, no premium audio

Any difference in insurance? Tyres etc?

One other difference that I mentioned earlier....with the M3LR you can purchase Acceleration Boost in the future when you start to feel the need for speed.
Also, don’t quote me on this, people on this forum have said that in America, if you by a used M3LR from Tesla stock it comes with AB for free....I do not know about the rest of the world...but if it were me, I would find out😁

Reactions: sparkie1984
Any reason in particular? What about warranties etc? I haven’t seen any 2021 LRs for 30k seem to be 38 ish on Tesla site

Forgot to say got a referral code too which saves a few hundred doesn’t it?
Loads on Autotrader for 30k. I wouldn’t get used from Tesla, they aren’t always well prepared - I’d prefer to go and see one from whoever is selling one.

The vehicles have a 4 year/50k mile warranty so a 2021 model still has plenty left (provided you get a low mileage one).

Reactions: sparkie1984
The vehicles have a 4 year/50k mile warranty
And 8 years/1xxxxx on battery* and I think drive train aka motors.

Battery less than 70% capacity. You should find under 10% loss and flat (it’s an early drop off that seems to flatten out) for cars over a couple of years old. Ours is typically just over 6% at 4y/30k which seems to be average. But it’s not an exact number and does vary a bit with conditions.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrT3