Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ionity cuts EV charging prices across Europe, EXCEPT UK!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1716994491307.png

UK hasn't changed, but it's still *somehow* one of the cheaper networks even at "sticker price". The changes to other regions are fairly minimal.
Electroverse / ovo have a discount available without membership, and the memberships (while not something I particularly like as a general way of charging) do bring the prices down to something sensible.
Of course, Tesla owners are likely to be using Ionity if there are gaps or shut down sites anyway. Their chargers max out at 500a, so ~180kw, and they're more expensive even with the membership.

There is ample room for a price war...

To be fair to Ionity, they have not reduced the top line prices in around half of the countries in the table. The new "Passport Power" is a considerable price drop since it brings the price per Kw to lower than Tesla in many locations.

Whilst Ionity network has not got great coverage in the UK, it is much better established on mainland Europe. For me on our annual road trip to Spain it affords the opportunity to use Ionity's at the motorway services rather than leaving the paid autoroute and being hit with an additional rejoining charge. It also saves time avoiding what is often anything from 2-4 mile round trip required to get to/from the Tesla chargers which are rarely (if ever?) at motorway services.

Finally not a surprise there was no reduction in the UK price since lovely rip off Britain tends to have the highest electricity prices.

It's the price gouging of the likes of Instavolt that I find most offensive. They are reliable, but wow do you pay a price for them if you have to use them!