Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone 12 Pro Max and charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Contacts/texts worked for my iPhone 12 mini. But not automatically. You do have to go into your iPhone Bluetooth settings info button for the connection with the Tesla and allow it to be shared. The Tesla in-car screen gave me the instructions on how to do that when I was setting up my phone Bluetooth connection.

Not for the iPhone 12 Pro Max.. not an option.. I get a exclamation point is all in Blue... Not able to select it...Remove, add back in. same thing...

I had no problem syncing contacts and text messages with my iPhone 12 Pro Max. In addition to checking the Bluetooth settings on your phone, be sure to turn on text message and contact syncing for your phone in the Bluetooth settings menu in your car.
Same here, iPhone 12Pro Max. I never had to touch the Bluetooth settings on the phone, when I linked the phone in the car I checked "sync contacts" and it worked perfectly.

Figured it out- you have to reset the iphone by restarting it. Now it wirelessly charges on all of my previous chargers. Wasted money on that new charger I bought on Amazon. If anyone wants it let me know.

So after a reset it charges with a case? Without a case? Which iPhone 12 version do you have, and which case have you found works? Or does the reset make everything work? They would be great!

I’m getting my brand new 2021 MY back from the body shop tonight and will try a reset of my mini 12, and see if it charges with no case, with a mag-safe case, and/or with a regular silicone case. And then I’ll report back.

I did see apple released an iPhone mini update a couple nights ago to fix an issue with unreliable/decreased screen sensitivity, but no mention of any charging issues fixed.

By reset, I mean to power it off then turn it back on again. Once in a while it does not charge and once I power cycle it back on it works again. Not sure the logic of this, hopefully they will have a software upgrade to fix this.

By reset, I mean to power it off then turn it back on again. Once in a while it does not charge and once I power cycle it back on it works again. Not sure the logic of this, hopefully they will have a software upgrade to fix this.

Unfortunately, that doesn't fix anything for my mini 12. But it was worth a try. Anyone take out the wireless charging shelf that came with the MY and replace it with something that works?

73xxx VIN, iPhone 12 pro max with Apple silicone case.
With case on, no charge, with Case off, charges.

this is a physical size issue that hopefully a 3rd party addresses. Not the best location to sit a phone especially for an avid wazer.

73xxx VIN, iPhone 12 pro max with Apple silicone case.
With case on, no charge, with Case off, charges.

this is a physical size issue that hopefully a 3rd party addresses. Not the best location to sit a phone especially for an avid wazer.
I think it has to do with MagSafe cases. I replaced my apple MagSafe leather case with $20 case from
Amazon and it charges my iPhone 12 pro max just fine.

Reactions: blgN8
I think it has to do with MagSafe cases. I replaced my apple MagSafe leather case with $20 case from
Amazon and it charges my iPhone 12 pro max just fine.

I wish it were that simple, but I have no charge with or without a case. iPhone 12 mini with a 2021 MY VIN 705XX. However.... Today, with the mag safe case on, I slowly moved it 1/2 an inch at time, moving it around, replacing it on the pad, even tried upside-down. With about 20 tries, it did engage and charge twice. Both times it was right where you'd expect it should be if you placed the phone in the middle of the left side, with the case resting on that bottom lip. And once it was engaged, I was able to slide it around about 1/2 an inch in any direction and it kept charging. But once I picked it up and put it back down again, no charge. Until maybe 8 more tries later, it mysteriously engaged again. Not sure how to make sense of that. Maybe someone with more tech knowledge?

My car is currently downloading the new software update, I think 2020.48? I can dream that maybe it will fix this.