Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What iPhone case fits Tesla wireless charger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Vulkan

Imperial Stormtrooper
Supporting Member
May 7, 2023
Austin, TX
I have an iPhone 14 Pro Max, and I have been using a Rhinoshield case for a long time. It keeps my phone safe and I can see the color of the phone.

For reference: RhinoShield Modular Case... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HCHR843

However I tried to use it in the wireless charger of my Model Y and it doesn’t charge at all.

To be fair the camera bump on my phone, doesn’t help at all but curious what case you are all using?

Thanks!

Since I got my iPhone 14 Pro Max, I've beek trying various cases.
I tried both the standard and the magsafe versions of the QuadLock case (which I've been using on my motorbile for years), but with those my iPhone won't charge. Please, notice that my previous iPhone Xs Max with QuadLock did charge.

The Apple silicone (magsafe) case works fine. But, of course, it's not as good as the Quadlock on my motorbike.
I also tried a Decoded case, not magsafe, which also worked fine (DECODED | iPhone Case Collection) .

Question for everyone:
Has anyone tried the SP Connect + case on a Model Y (link below)?
https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B0BJKNQH2L/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A11IL2PNWYJU7H&psc=1

Thank you!

iPhone 13 Pro Max. It works from time to time right side up but I realized if I place my phone down upside down it works flawless…

I don’t think it’s the case as much as it is the positioning of the charging pad itself underneath the pad.

iPhone 14 Pro… use thin cases from Spigen and Chinese no name brands. I don’t utilize the MagSafe style of cases, and never have any issues charging. I even use my Pixel Stand (2nd gen) to charge my iPhone, without issue.

With that said, anything more than 7mm of distance between the phones wireless coil and the charger you are trying to use, will prevent a connection. Using real carbon fiber cases will prevent a connection. So, thick cases can cause a lot of problems.

My MagSafe leather apple case works well. Also just discovered that the MagSafe wallet attaches quite well to the sun visor mirror!
IMG_7372.jpeg
IMG_7372.jpeg