Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone 14 Pro Max in Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Confused by this thread, my 14 Pro Max charges fine in an official Apple MagSafe leather case in my MYP.
I‘d be surprised if it does. It might charge but will probably be intermittent during the journey and will heat up the phone more than it should. Even without a case the charing isn’t optimal as the coils don’t align fully.

I‘d be surprised if it does. It might charge but will probably be intermittent during the journey and will heat up the phone more than it should. Even without a case the charing isn’t optimal as the coils don’t align fully.

It only notifies me once of the fact it’s charging and charges a lot quicker than it did with my older Model 3 with the slower USB A pad (genuine one)

Reactions: MrT3
Ditto, both Apple Leather and Silicone MagSafe chargers work fine for me.
yes charging an iPhone 14 Pro Max works (to a point) in some Model Y’s and not in others. So far no clear silicone cases will charge my iPhone 14 Pro Max on my 2021+ Console Refresh Model Y (have tried 5 different clear cases so far including the Apple Clear Silicone MegaSafe). Phone charges fine without the case on.

yes charging an iPhone 14 Pro Max works (to a point) in some Model Y’s and not in others. So far no clear silicone cases will charge my iPhone 14 Pro Max on my 2021+ Console Refresh Model Y (have tried 5 different clear cases so far including the Apple Clear Silicone MegaSafe). Phone charges fine without the case on.
It’s even inconsistent between left and right. I can charge my 13 pro max on the right side but not the left. I have a new ‘23 MYLR and a thin plastic case on the phone.