Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone 14 + wireless charging pad

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One more data point.

14 Pro Max and clear Apple official MagSafe in Tesla 2021 model (Dec 2020) with built in official wireless charger does not work the right way up.

Phone charges without the case either way up and with case upside down.
This case seems to work for some and not others (another user reported it only works when upside down in the charging pad). I guess its luck of the draw. Still have not found a clear case that works in the charging pad consistently for everyone with 2021+ center console refreshed Model Y.

This case seems to work for some and not others (another user reported it only works when upside down in the charging pad). I guess its luck of the draw. Still have not found a clear case that works in the charging pad consistently for everyone with 2021+ center console refreshed Model Y.
Bit the bullet and paid $49 for the Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max Clear Case MagSafe and it would not charge so its been returned and back to the drawing board for me again (this is the 5th clear case I have tried and so far no dice!).
3D57FC3F-67CE-4B51-AF48-F9E6FC5BD1E4.jpeg

Reactions: jboy210
All,

Seeing some guidance in this thread that doesn’t match my experience so thought I’d post mine. Got iPhone 14 (not pro not max) and found it wouldn’t charge in my MY’21. No case, Apple mag safe silicone, aftermarket silicone, upside down. Doesn’t matter, same outcome. Starts to charge and stops about 20 seconds later. Phone charges on ALL other wireless chargers I have including Belkin, Apple and Mophie. One of these requires the camera section to touch thereby forcing a gap between the phone and charge pad. Still charges fine. The only place it won’t work is the Tesla 2021 MY. Frustrated would be a massive understatement.
I can also confirm with a iPhone 14 (not plus, pro, max), nothing works. Will not charge on pad.

Bit the bullet and paid $49 for the Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max Clear Case MagSafe and it would not charge so its been returned and back to the drawing board for me again (this is the 5th clear case I have tried and so far no dice!).View attachment 900532
I have this case on my 14 Pro Max and in works in my 2022 X with the OEM charging pad, and on all the charging pads around my house. However, it does not work in our 3 LR with a 3rd party charging pad.

Last edited:

Meifigno Magic Mag Series Designed for iPhone 14 Pro Case, [Military Grade Protection & Compatible with MagSafe], Translucent Matte Back with Soft Edge Magnetic Case, for iPhone 14 Pro 6.1", Blue​

This case from Amazon is working on my Model Y. No issues with wireless charging with case on.
I tried this case, but I have an iPhone 14 Pro Max and a 2023 MYLR. It didn't charge in the wireless charging pad. I figured it must be the phone size difference. I have started a return on the Meifigno case. I also just tried the Apple Silicone Case (look on ebay) and it does charge as expected.