Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone 14 + wireless charging pad

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just noticed this as well today! Damn it...anyone find any super thin cases with magsafe that might have worked? The upside down worked with one apple case I used but none of the 4 others I got from amazon. But would prefer not to have my phone upside down...

I don't use the wireless charger because

1. Awkward location
2. Heats up the phones
3. Impossible to read/see the screen
4. Easy to forget and come back to retrieve it

So, I installed better charger/mount

1663463264036.jpeg

14 pro max with 2018 model 3 with oem charging mat. Can’t get it to charge on either side, right side up, upside down, with or without case

Any solutions yet? Aftermarket pad maybe?

FWIW my Taptes in my 2018 (I wanna say gen3? the first one you could turn sideways, and I've got the 9v adapters they sold to get higher wattage too) has worked perfectly with both a 13 Pro Max and now 14 Pro Max, both in cases.

FWIW my Taptes in my 2018 (I wanna say gen3? the first one you could turn sideways, and I've got the 9v adapters they sold to get higher wattage too) has worked perfectly with both a 13 Pro Max and now 14 Pro Max, both in cases.

Thank you!

This one?

Thank you!

This one?

Yup, that pad and the boost converter thing also sold on the page is what I've been using for a couple years now

Reactions: momo3605
14 Pro Max and I had the same issue with my 12 - Had Tesla come out and replace the charge pad today and it's still not working so been recommended to take it in for a service.

Honestly it's been the same since I bought the car last year - put the phone on the pad, it starts charging, then 30 seconds later it stops. Tried all orientations, my girlfriend's 12, my 12, my 14 Pro Max - all do it.

Annoyed me too because the service guy has just left and the sliding door on the centre console isn't working properly now either - so I'll have to take it in just to get that fixed!

I tried the TAPTES charger earlier this year and it had two issues. It does not allow me to fit my S22 Ultra in portrait. In Landscape, it was rather finicky trying to line it up. Similar issues with an iPhone 12 pro max. Switched to the JEDA charger and it has worked flawlessly. Phone fits fine due to the spacer. I'm planning to add a higher powered USB port in the future to speed up charging.