Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone Ringer Volume Set to Low by Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This has been happening to me since I took home my new Model 3. Everything my iPhone connects to the car via Bluetooth, it sets my ringer volume to the lowest settings. I have tried to set my car to every device type in the Bluetooth settings but it doesn't matter. Any ideas on how to stop my car from lowering my ringer volume every single time?

Are you saying the ringer volume remains low even after you disconnect from the car? I haven’t seen that issue. While the phone is connected to the car, I don’t think the phone rings, I just get an alert on the touchscreen. I don’t get many calls so I might be wrong.

Are you saying the ringer volume remains low even after you disconnect from the car? I haven’t seen that issue. While the phone is connected to the car, I don’t think the phone rings, I just get an alert on the touchscreen. I don’t get many calls so I might be wrong.
Correct, I'll enter the car with my ringer at 100% because I want to hear my ringer/notifications when I'm not in the car. After I get in the car, drive and then get out; my ringer is now set to the lowest ringer volume and I miss all notifications and calls unless I remember to set my volume to max.

"Settings and tapping Sounds & Haptics. Here, you'll see a slider or 'Ringer and Alerts'. Go ahead and adjust this slider to where you'd like it and test your notifications. This should hopefully resolve the issue. If you'd like, you can also check 'Change with Buttons' to adjust both music/video volume and ringers using the volume buttons. Your iPhone will intelligently choose the right volume depending on what you're doing with the phone."

Reactions: rpiotro
"Settings and tapping Sounds & Haptics. Here, you'll see a slider or 'Ringer and Alerts'. Go ahead and adjust this slider to where you'd like it and test your notifications. This should hopefully resolve the issue. If you'd like, you can also check 'Change with Buttons' to adjust both music/video volume and ringers using the volume buttons. Your iPhone will intelligently choose the right volume depending on what you're doing with the phone."
i have tried this in the past, not a good solution; no idea why this started with my 2022 model 3
100%? So, you're "that guy" in the restaurant. ;)
my phone is on vibrate unless I'm at home

Correct, I'll enter the car with my ringer at 100% because I want to hear my ringer/notifications when I'm not in the car. After I get in the car, drive and then get out; my ringer is now set to the lowest ringer volume and I miss all notifications and calls unless I remember to set my volume to max.
I have the same issue in my 22 model Y.
Were you able to figure this out? Thanks.

Weirdly enough, I had the exact opposite problem. I would get in the car and start to listen to music or Sirius XM on the phone and my eardrums would get blown out because the volume would be up very high. Not all the way, but loud enough to scare the bejesus out of you to the point that I had to adjust the volume before playing anything.

I haven't had that happen in the past couple of months, though, so I thought it was fixed in the latest round of updates.

OP, try a reboot if you haven't already.

no change, issue is ongoing
Might be worth it to set up a service appt. Since it's bluetooth related, they may be able to do something remotely. I had an issue where my key cards stopped working. I set up a service appt and a tech called me. He could see all the data on my car and saw that I needed to have the bluetooth firmware updated. He pushed it remotely and all I had to do was redo the registration for my key cards. They may be able to do something similar for you.

This has been happening to me since I took home my new Model 3. Everything my iPhone connects to the car via Bluetooth, it sets my ringer volume to the lowest settings. I have tried to set my car to every device type in the Bluetooth settings but it doesn't matter. Any ideas on how to stop my car from lowering my ringer volume every single time?
Same happening to me in 2023 Model Y, using iPhone 12 Pro Max and my wife’s iPhone 14 Pro. Had service appt and they’ve said it’s a software bug, will hopefully be resolved in a future update but I’m not expecting it any time soon! Annoying isn’t it! The only workaround, which I found myself not from the service technician, is to turn OFF “change with buttons” on iPhone sound settings. Not ideal as I don’t like to use iPhone this way after 13 years, but it’s better than missing calls every time you get out of the car!