Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Irish Delivery and Collection 2024

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any update on people from people waiting in Cork?
I was told my order was moving to me having to collect it in Dublin.
I said I couldn't manage that so my car is being transported to Cork. I'm collecting it on the 25th.

I'm guessing our batch of cars was on the Glovis Solar ship going by the map and timeline that MrMiserable uses (whatboat).

I got an email last Monday/Tuesday saying it has just arrived in Dublin port.

I'm happy enough to take it on a 241 plate setting as the 21% tarrif kicks in at the start of July.

I was told my order was moving to me having to collect it in Dublin.
I said I couldn't manage that so my car is being transported to Cork. I'm collecting it on the 25th.

I'm guessing our batch of cars was on the Glovis Solar ship going by the map and timeline that MrMiserable uses (whatboat).

I got an email last Monday/Tuesday saying it has just arrived in Dublin port.

I'm happy enough to take it on a 241 plate setting as the 21% tarrif kicks in at the start of July.
I know I'm probably being ridiculous hoping for this but I ordered on the 13th of June the guy said it will probably be end of July early August but on the website is says delivery from june-july. I'd really like to get it before the tariffs in July. Am I just pissing into the wind hoping or is there a possibility with a ship arriving last Wednesday and apparently another one in two weeks?

Reactions: WillCotter
I know I'm probably being ridiculous hoping for this but I ordered on the 13th of June the guy said it will probably be end of July early August but on the website is says delivery from june-july. I'd really like to get it before the tariffs in July. Am I just pissing into the wind hoping or is there a possibility with a ship arriving last Wednesday and apparently another one in two weeks?
I'm not certain but why don't you pay for it in full and then that way you'll have your order agreement closed out. It'll technically have been sold to you in June.

Tesla want it sold by quarter end for their business reasons but I'm sure it you pay the balance in June then revenue or whoever will see that even if you take delivery in July/August it's still a car sold in June before tariffs.

I'm not certain but why don't you pay for it in full and then that way you'll have your order agreement closed out. It'll technically have been sold to you in June.

Tesla want it sold by quarter end for their business reasons but I'm sure it you pay the balance in June then revenue or whoever will see that even if you take delivery in July/August it's still a car sold in June before tariffs.
I don't think you can pay until they send you the final payment

I don't think you can pay until they send you the final payment
If you have the bank Citibank details from Jim Fox (the Cork TSLA delivery account manager) you can. I paid mine if full weeks ago. It might be a nice option if it means you can dodge the new July tarrif.

Also there's 3 cars available for pickup on the Tesla homepage under "preconfigured vehicles".
If you like the specs of any of those you could grab one of those next week even...

If you have the bank Citibank details from Jim Fox (the Cork TSLA delivery account manager) you can. I paid mine if full weeks ago. It might be a nice option if it means you can dodge the new July tarrif.

Also there's 3 cars available for pickup on the Tesla homepage under "preconfigured vehicles".
If you like the specs of any of those you could grab one of those next week even...

I'd say all those Tesla's are gone already, each one says not available for your po box so I think that means they are gone.
That's something I may do alright, I'll get onto them on Monday and see.

Reactions: WillCotter
Tesla will be getting a "favourable" tariff of 21% for complying with some criteria. Others will face a tariff of up to 38%!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240614-123820.png
    Screenshot_20240614-123820.png
    714.8 KB · Views: 5
Did you ask them if you pay in full in June will you be covered?
I actually haven't yet because I was half thinking of buying one of the long range pre configured cars but they are all gone now anyway.
We may be ok anyway an article by RTE says if we ordered before 1st of July it shouldn't apply.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240617-175037.png
    Screenshot_20240617-175037.png
    873.1 KB · Views: 2
Collected mine yesterday in Dublin. Pretty straight forward. Had a quick look around (inside and out). No issues at all.

26% on the battery so over to the Supercharger in Sandyford and then home. The 20,000KM was all set up on my account so nothing for me to do.

Really handy to just rock up, plug the car in and not get charged. :)

Collected mine yesterday in Dublin. Pretty straight forward. Had a quick look around (inside and out). No issues at all.

26% on the battery so over to the Supercharger in Sandyford and then home. The 20,000KM was all set up on my account so nothing for me to do.

Really handy to just rock up, plug the car in and not get charged. :)
I'm dying to get mine but I only ordered 5 days ago so I've a long time to go yet

I'm collecting mine in Cork tomorrow. It arrived this morning, my wife happened to be in traffic near ballyseedy on the school run and saw the truck with a few of them being delivered.

I ordered on March 12th so tonight feels like Xmas Eve!
Enjoy... I have had mine since Monday and the wife is sick of me going out to it every few mins when I google something new about it.
1718780423605.png

I got a M3LR in white with black interior. Delighted with it so far. I spent the day fitting all the mats, screen protectors, carbon center console etc etc.

I hope you get yours soon.
I got impatient so I kept refreshing the preconfigured vehicles page till a car popped up, pulled the trigger on a white rwd with the 19 inch alloys and white interior. Didn't really want the white interior but I was just too darn impatient 😂 😂 also where did you get your screen protectors from?

I got impatient so I kept refreshing the preconfigured vehicles page till a car popped up, pulled the trigger on a white rwd with the 19 inch alloys and white interior. Didn't really want the white interior but I was just too darn impatient 😂 😂 also where did you get your screen protectors from?
Haha good man. Half of my happiness is from finally no longer looking at the app for updates.

I bought a ton of stuff.
I used Green Drive (french crowd), EV Base, Tesbros and Tesery.