Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

is 2020.12 software update available for Canadian model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
when I pull up my software version on my model 3 SR+ center control, it shows currently is on V10.2 (2020.4.1). It also shows the software is up to date.

But in the American forum, model 3 owners are updating to 2020.12

So, I wonder if it is my car unable to show update or is just us Canadian model 3 are getting updates later on?

Releases are frequently done in staggered releases and generally require a solid WIFI connection. There are a whole bunch of other variables:
  • Model
  • Version of computer(s)
  • Purchased packages (e.g. FSD)
  • Random things that only Tesla knows
  • Whether you have "Advanced" releases selected in the software settings
Patience.

Reactions: Roald44
Im still on 2020.4.1 myself. Picked up the car end of December. I have a 2020 SR+, as mentioned above I usually got the lsat updates pretty quickly but even with the advanced option selected I havent got anything yet. Maybe its not released for a lot of SR+ Vins yet?

In my case it was a hefty jump from 2019.35.108 to 2020.8.2.
haha wow. I just got the update myself to 2020.8.2. Just checked my phone and saw there was a notification from 3 hours ago saying the update was available. Unfortunately cant go out to teh car right now to check it out, havent been driving much at all unfortunately with the who;e Covid19 situation.

Reactions: Roald44
I had been waiting for any update so I went out and rebooted my car the other night and then I got 2 updates and a nav data update. All in 24 hours.
Still no auto stopping at lights or stop signs, but I do have the dashcam viewer.
Model 3 software version.jpg
Model 3 Release Notes.jpg