Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is anyone completely happy with their M3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my car from Park Royal on Wednesday. I'm very happy with my purchase, but my expectations were quite low based on what I've read here while lurking to be honest

Also, this is my first brand new car, so I'm just excited about that; all relative I guess.

Which it does if your offset is zero
I humbly beg to differ. Please try it when you are below the speed limit indicated by the warning 'sign' to the right of the main speed display. It will set to the limit, not the speed you are travelling. If you're above the limit, agree it does set to the speed you are travelling. If you genuinely are seeing different that would be interesting to many folk here!

Reactions: Dilly and MrBadger
I humbly beg to differ. Please try it when you are below the speed limit indicated by the warning 'sign' to the right of the main speed display. It will set to the limit, not the speed you are travelling. If you're above the limit, agree it does set to the speed you are travelling. If you genuinely are seeing different that would be interesting to many folk here!
I’ll give it another go but I’m pretty sure it set to whatever speed I had at the time, I think I have it on relative with zero offset but will check when I get to the car tomorrow

Reactions: mpandrew
I could not be happier. Yeah the odd strange gap but life is too short to worry about tiny things.

I think mentioned already, but every other car a go in feels just so dated and old now. I have just jumped in wifeys Golf R and it feels archaic and slow and it use to always put a smile on my face.

h

Reactions: Spacep0d
I’ll give it another go but I’m pretty sure it set to whatever speed I had at the time, I think I have it on relative with zero offset but will check when I get to the car tomorrow

I checked to see if the "accelerate to the maximum allowed by the speed limit" issue was still there after downloading 36.11 on Tuesday. We were in the long, temporary, 50mph roadworks limit on the M27, so I selected TACC, and the car immediately tried to accelerate up to 70mph (the sign reading capability doesn't seem to work on road works limit signs). Much winding of the right scroll wheel to get the car back down to 50mph.

I checked to see if the "accelerate to the maximum allowed by the speed limit" issue was still there after downloading 36.11 on Tuesday. We were in the long, temporary, 50mph roadworks limit on the M27, so I selected TACC, and the car immediately tried to accelerate up to 70mph (the sign reading capability doesn't seem to work on road works limit signs). Much winding of the right scroll wheel to get the car back down to 50mph.
Don't forget a tap on the current speed will set the cruise to it ;)

32,000 miles and eighteen months later, I still love LOVE my Model 3. I enjoy driving it more than I enjoy driving our Model S. I waited in line on the first day of ordering to place my order and confirmed my purchase without every having seen one in person. When I finally saw en early delivery model in Oct 2017 (delivered to a Tesla employee friend), I knew we had a winner on our hands.

Reactions: Roy W.
I've only had my M3 for 4 days, but I know 3 other people who have had theirs for 6-9 months. No problems from any of us (I asked them before I got mine). I just love this car! It's so different, looks better and performs better than any other I've ever had. I'll always have a Tesla from now on. It's a learning curve to get all the nav stuff sorted out. But using my phone to lock/unlock, open trunk/frunk, etc is so convenient. It's an awesome car and good for the planet!

• Love
Reactions: M3-Newbie
Love my Model 3. I’d say 95% happy which is more than any previous car I’ve had from Audi, BMW, Land Rover.

The 95%:
  • Driving experience, it’s fun! Love the acceleration, field of view out front, regenerative braking and simplicity.
  • Range and charging network
  • Low cost to run using off peak Octopus Go electricity, low cost to maintain.
  • Deceptively spacious when it comes to carrying stuff.
  • It’s a really comfortable car for long drives.
  • It looks good / cool. Even with the Aeros, I still think they look fine with the red.
The 5% is due to:
  • I’d like the cabin to be better insulated against road and wind noise. Audi was better at this.
  • £9.99 for premium connectivity, mine expired last week so I’m getting used to standard nav maps and using my phone for Apple Music. I think I can live with this. Time will tell.
  • Err, that’s it, maybe 5% is harsh!
Overall I love it and will happily recommend Tesla to anyone, despite the painful purchase process in terms of communication.

Reactions: Spacep0d