Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is anyone having a hard time making a service appointment?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I am now on my third email to ownership to get an appointment for a door handle that is not functioning. I am going through the ownership email and probably having a ranger come by or may have to drop at Queens service center.

I am not happy at this point as I have been trying to get service for a while now.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Any advice to get the ball rolling faster? I hate to scream and yell, but I am very close to it!

Thanks.

I believe they are working on response times; but my responses from the ownership alias have been slow in the past..

I'd contact the Queens service center directly and take out the middleman. I've always gotten a response within 24 hours from a service center (although it sounds like in some locations service is backed up too).

Last edited:
Call Queens Service. I have been there a couple of times and The crew there are fantastic. At times they are a little busy but they will tell you that ahead of time. When You go there they will take care of whatever is wrong and I think you will be happy.

I made an appt for warantee + 1year(13k miles) then they pushed it back ~ 2 weeks because of the latch recall and all the cars they had to prioritize. I totally understand and was ok with that, especially since they were picking my car up (without ranger service)and 'guaranteeing' a loaner. Then they don't have a loaner car for me. Offered enterprise / detailing, refused either. They took my car last night...no paperwork at the time (got an email an the next morning) and told me they'd call the night they picked up my car about the loaner. Haven't heard yet!

add me to the failed loaner program... so far. The day before they picked my car up, they supposedly had a loaner specifically for me. then it was given to someone local whose car broke down. Then they said they are getting 2 more yesterday but not in time to drop off w/ my car pick up.
Totally f'd way of business I must agree with some of those who complain about what seems like lies. Don't tell someone you will do something and then fail to do it!

I miss my car

Last edited:
I made an appt for warantee + 1year(13k miles) then they pushed it back ~ 2 weeks 'because of the latch recall'. I was ok with that since they were picking my car up (without ranger service)and 'guaranteeing' a loaner. Then they don't have a loaner car for me. Offered enterprise / detailing, refused either. They took my car last night...no paperwork at the time (got an email an hour ago) and told me they'd call last night about the loaner. Haven't heard yet!

add me to the failed loaner program... so far. The day before they picked my car up, they supposedly had a loaner specifically for me. then it was given to someone local whose car broke down. Then they said they are getting 2 more yesterday but not in time to drop off w/ my car pick up.
Totally f'd way of business I must agree with all of those who complain about the lies. Don't tell someone something and fail to do it!

I miss my car

I completely agree with your approach. My 60 is coming up to its annual service soon. I have 11k mi on it. My plan is to simply tell service to let me know when they have a loaner and I'll bring it in. No hurry at all but I'm dying to drive a P85 loaner. And I may be tempted to put order in for one as a result. This is what elon wanted us to experience and I'm fine with waiting for a loaner and when they say they have one for me it better be there when I get there. Bait and switch isn't nice and very un-tesla.

I should also note that I've always had great service the few times I've been there.

Last edited:
As others have said, call the SC directly. They seem to be slammed, but I can't complain about the service I've received from them once there. As ChadS has said, I've never really gotten a prompt reply (some have gone completely unanswered) from ownership.

@Zextra: just my opinion, but I think you're being a little unfair. Tesla offered ou a loaner rental car and you refused, I respect that but still.....

we do have a car I can drive (not a 2nd or 3rd S though :tongue:, lucky!) ..it sucks gas and I needed to replace the battery so it would work...
I was asked if I had a car I could use and I said yes but I really didn't want to. they offered enterprise and I said I'd rather just drive the car we have. Offered detail but I like to wash my own car and wouldn't trust most detail shops locally.

I had tried to schedule appointment before Teslive so I could drop it off. They couldn't do it then due to the recall and set it for 1 week after. Then called and changed it so they could gaurantee a P85 loaner and push it back to take care of more cars. I agreed to wait.

I spent $80k more than I'd ever spent or ever planned on spending on a car. i don't want a gas car period. I am an Environmental Resource Engineer. (Spoiled now by the S a bit but it pains me to drive gas cars)

I don't feel it is unfair to expect someone to tell the truth.
They said they would bring up a car today(day after they took mine) for me (sounds crazy IMO but they will need to drop my car back off up here anyways one way or another - it is 250mi one way.) I offered to drive a loaner car back down to pick up my car since I am going down to the Bay next weekend. sounds fair to me.

Next year I will just drop my car off so I know I am getting a temp car.
I have many people who I 'promised' to show an S to this week and they are all going to be out of the area this weekend...kinda sucks

update: so I e-mailed ownership and got a call w/in minutes. I also had e-mailed the service center my car is at, after i received the .pdf paperwork. I should be finding out about loaner info shortly

...then no call for over 24 hrs. e-mailed ownership again and got a call from LA service. Routed wrong. then I was called by Fremont and at the same time San Rafael called. No word on a loaner still offered an enterprise (we have a 'hand me down' 2002 lexus - which, unfortunately, really sucks after driving an S 13k miles, don't want to drive it ever again! period!)

hopefully my car will be back by Friday (??? 9 days ouch) If it's not I think I will be waiting at the shop in San Rafael until it is. I am depressed without my car, it is messed up (that a car can do that) I don't want to go anywhere and I think I am cancelling my next two weekends plans/changing them(20 yr h.s. reunion and hillclimb)

The last 2 cars I owned that I purchased new needed less than 1 day a piece in a shop for 4 years each (Toyota and VW) The S had been gone longer than both over an 8 year period.

Last edited:
One email to Queens service and got a call back and a Monday appointment. I was very short sighted in not thinking about contacting them directly, just figured the ownership track was the way to go.

They also told me probably no loaner and will have to go the Enterprise route, which is fine by me.

Looking forward to getting my rear driver door working again.

One email to Queens service and got a call back and a Monday appointment. I was very short sighted in not thinking about contacting them directly, just figured the ownership track was the way to go.

They also told me probably no loaner and will have to go the Enterprise route, which is fine by me.

Great. Just curious but did you ever try calling the main ownership Tesla number then hitting the number for service? I agree contacting them directly (unless it is illegal like it is in Texas to schedule service) is the way to go. We have to call California and I've always gotten someone on the phone in a minute to schedule things.

Last edited:

Don't sweat it too much. I don't know if things have changed, but in the early days, we didn't even have a SC near here so I always reached out to ownership as it was the only thing I'd been told to do. Good luck on the service. I had work done there once, and the guys were all good to deal with.