Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Autopilot / Autosteer a standard option on a 2019 Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just purchased my first 2019 Tesla Model 3 Standard Range. I absolutely love the car! By far the best car i have ever owned. I'm learning more and more as i drive it. I'm educating myself about the Autosteer function and do not see it inside Autopilot. Is Autosteer included and free with all Teslas? I do see an upgrade option that has Autosteer included but it is $3000.00. Can someone help shed some light on this?

2F6F6D0A-A4C1-4260-9D8E-0A10EE9069BD.jpeg

I just purchased my first 2019 Tesla Model 3 Standard Range. I absolutely love the car! By far the best car i have ever owned. I'm learning more and more as i drive it. I'm educating myself about the Autosteer function and do not see it inside Autopilot. Is Autosteer included and free with all Teslas? I do see an upgrade option that has Autosteer included but it is $3000.00. Can someone help shed some light on this?

Are you sure you have autopilot?

If you see an upgrade for 3k in the tesla app, that sounds to me like you dont have autopilot. You asked "Is autosteer included and free with all teslas?". The answer to that is:

"Autosteer is a part of the Autopilot software package, and it is ENTIRELY possible for a 2019 tesla model 3 to not have autopilot at all. Autopilot being standard with all teslas did not start until after april 2019."

If you see a price for an upgrade for 3k, it soundws to me like you dont have autopilot at all.

Here’s a few screenshots of my screen. I don't see the $3k upgrade any more in the upgrades menu. I see the Autopilot upgrade and premium connectivity. Hoping there a setting somewhere that i'm missing!

Attachments

• IMG_4322.jpeg
    IMG_4322.jpeg
    584.2 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_4323.jpeg
    IMG_4323.jpeg
    426.9 KB · Views: 158
1 more picture..

It does not look to me like you have "Autopilot" at all. It looks like you purchased a car that was delivered before the switch to include autopilot with all cars (and raise the price accordingly). Your car says "Autopilot SAFETY FEATURES" which is not the same thing as "Autopilot".

It also looks to me like whomever owned your car did not purchase autopilot with it, but the car was either delivered with, or received later, hardware version 3.0 and the previous owner subscribed to Full self driving (FSD) for some period of time.

TL ; DR = "no your car does not have autopilot, there is no software setting you are overlooking. The Autopilot upgrade tells you that the car does not have autopilot, as well as the screens you shared of the the software screen."

It also looks to me like whomever owned your car did not purchase autopilot with it, but the car was either delivered with, or received later, hardware version 3.0 and the previous owner subscribed to Full self driving (FSD) for some period of time.

Purely a curiosity question (since my car came with AP): In this case, if the previous owner subscribed to FSD, would the AP features (Auto Steer and TACC) come with it? I would guess yes, but I really don't know.

Purely a curiosity question (since my car came with AP): In this case, if the previous owner subscribed to FSD, would the AP features (Auto Steer and TACC) come with it? I would guess yes, but I really don't know.

I dont know, but I think they might. Perhaps someone who actually subscribed will let us know. I have FSD on my own model 2018 Model 3, and my wifes model Y just has the standard included AP.