Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remove Free 3-months FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a HW-4 vehicle with the free 3-months FSD. FSD is completely useless. Is their anyway I can remove FSD and try the vehicle using the regular AutoPilot? Just don't to wait for another 2.5 months for FSD to go away.

Right now the Autosteer window is shown as "Autosteer-Beta", which i believe is because the car things I have FSD... is that the same Autosteer function as the regular vehicle without FSD? The Autosteer Beta also has some functions in that window that includes lane changes, and stuff like that. I am not able to find anyway to just use the car and settings exactly as if there is no FSD. Is the regular AP just as good as Autosteer Beta but without those additional lane changes options, and stop sign and traffic lights recognition?

Any thoughts?

• Informative
Reactions: racerx2005
Can you or someone post a screenshot from the window and options under Autosteer (beta). Also if the car does NOT have FSD, why would it also say "beta" for autosteer!!??
Basic Autopilot has always been called Autosteer-Beta in the menu as far as I'm aware - that's what it also says on my AP1 car, which only has basic autopilot. The new 2023 says the same thing in the menu.

Reactions: jjrandorin
The Autosteer Beta also has some functions in that window that includes lane changes, and stuff like that. I am not able to find anyway to just use the car and settings exactly as if there is no FSD. Is the regular AP just as good as Autosteer Beta but without those additional lane changes options, and stop sign and traffic lights recognition?
Correct, as long as you don't enable FSD Beta, Navigate on Autopilot, stop sign/traffic light, or lane changes you would be using the standard free Autopilot.