Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is AWD worth it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Man, the things people do and say to "justify" their own choices. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
Yes, I'm justifing my choice, is that something strange?

I don't need more than 400 km in range.
I don't need to have AWD and I've experienced already heavy snow, driving without any issue up and down hills.
I don't see the point in spending +7k.

But everyone has different needs, I'm just showing my personal decision criteria.

Reactions: T.R.T.e.s.l.a.
Yes, I'm justifing my choice, is that something strange?

I don't need more than 400 km in range.
I don't need to have AWD and I've experienced already heavy snow, driving without any issue up and down hills.
I don't see the point in spending +7k.

But everyone has different needs, I'm just showing my personal decision criteria.

Of course.
Like i've said, to each their own.

Well Iā€™m an idiot, had to reconsider as it turns out that the AWD isnā€™t eligible for the government subsidy ( in Ireland) if you select any colour other than white or black, I donā€™t like black and think the Y looks fat in white ( I like the 3 in white )

Car colour is important to me so Iā€™m sticking with my RWD order as without a government subsidy, the blue Y in AWD is twelve grand more expensive
How much is the government subsidy?

You could get a LR in white or black and (if you really don't like it) use the, or part, of the subsidy to have it wrapped to you color of choice.
The wrap would also serve to protect your original paint.

Reactions: paul_gallagher