Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is hope in sight for our USS-less cars?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
low post, always negative ”care bear” posters have been on here since when I joined 8 years ago.

They were shorts or competitor folks looking to tarnish the promising company. Now, they seem to congregate on negative posts and pile on (there are couple on this one)

FWIW, that particular poster is not an owner and has no personal experience with Tesla which reinforces my view.

Wrong, wrong, and wrong.

I owned a Model S and MY and have already stated as such in past posts. Just because you don't like my opinions doesn't mean you get to label me as a troll who has no experience with Tesla.

But that is what blind fanboys in this forum do.

Also - I've been on here since 2018 and have low posts because I was out enjoying my Teslas not in here beating down anyone who had an opinion that didn't match the rabbid teslarati.

Wrong, wrong, and wrong.

I owned a Model S and MY and have already stated as such in past posts. Just because you don't like my opinions doesn't mean you get to label me as a troll who has no experience with Tesla.

But that is what blind fanboys in this forum do.

Also - I've been on here since 2018 and have low posts because I was out enjoying my Teslas not in here beating down anyone who had an opinion that didn't match the rabbid teslarati.
28 messages in 5 years and nothing posted when you “bought” your s and Y.

sorry, not buying it.

Sadly, Tesla disagrees with you. If they had a viable solution for replacing USS, typically used for parking, then Summons and AutoPark would be enabled. Apparently, Tesla didn't get the memo.

I highly doubt there is a lot of processing going on when parking. USS doesn't seem to be used anywhere else. So most likely its input is ignored at higher speeds.

Overall, I think this is a good read for the current state of USS vs TV.

I don’t think tesla disagrees sorry, but I disagree with your points/opinion

I don’t think tesla disagrees sorry, but I disagree with your points/opinion
You can disagree, but until now we know for sure.

1. Tesla Vision based "parking sensors" are doing a very bad job compared to the real USS and they have not been updated once since their introduction, which indicates to me, that Tesla think the function works as good as it is possible, via the Vision system. (i dont trust that feature one bit, and use the mirrors instead, it warns me that i am 0 cm from a wall, when i am in fact up to 50 cm from the wall for example and the indicator that shows the side, is flopping around a lot, most of the time)

2. Tesla Vision based cars have the summon, smart summon and autopark as "coming" features, but even though it is almost 1 year since they removed the sensors, they have not been able to make the vision equivalent to these systems, which to me suggests that these features are impossible or very very hard to get to a point where they trust them enough to have them actually drive the car without the driver inside.

"Normal" procedure would be to make these features work with the vision only system, and THEN remove the USS, Tesla did it the other way round and was unable to make it work even 1 year later.

Until recently they even broke the law, where i live, by advertising the "Navigate on Autopilot" package as having all 5 features, and then a small asterix, telling that the 3 of these features were not there, but they might be, in the future.

Don't get me wrong, i know those 3 features are novelty features, but still...

Those are my thoughts as well. I am just tired of enumerating them. If TeslaVision parking sensors were up to the level of USS most of those features would already be working. They are not. Anyone who believes they are as good at this time is smoking crack.

I am at the point I only buy a Tesla for what works, not what is promised at some indeterminate point in the future. Just like I got screwed when they dropped radar after my Y was ordered and I was stuck with TeslaVision and had horrendous issues with phantom braking. Took well over a year to get where it wasn't horrendous and still wasn't as good for me as my car with radar. I am not a Tesla Kool-Aid drinker and never will be.

If TV was the greatest thing since sliced bread, those features would have already been enabled on pure TV cars. They still aren't and nobody knows when they will be. Given Tesla's track record, even when enabled, they still may be lacking compared to USS but Tesla won't give a damn if they can are just good enough to get by. Tesla really sets a lower bar with that has been acceptable for anything related to TV.

Those are my thoughts as well. I am just tired of enumerating them. If TeslaVision parking sensors were up to the level of USS most of those features would already be working. They are not. Anyone who believes they are as good at this time is smoking crack.

I am at the point I only buy a Tesla for what works, not what is promised at some indeterminate point in the future. Just like I got screwed when they dropped radar after my Y was ordered and I was stuck with TeslaVision and had horrendous issues with phantom braking. Took well over a year to get where it wasn't horrendous and still wasn't as good for me as my car with radar. I am not a Tesla Kool-Aid drinker and never will be.

If TV was the greatest thing since sliced bread, those features would have already been enabled on pure TV cars. They still aren't and nobody knows when they will be. Given Tesla's track record, even when enabled, they still may be lacking compared to USS but Tesla won't give a damn if they can are just good enough to get by. Tesla really sets a lower bar with that has been acceptable for anything related to TV.
I might end up being wrong but in a wager i would put my money on those 3 features never being released for TV cars.

Which is fine with me, i can easily live without them, but then they should be honest, remove them as features of the NOA and FSD packages and adjust the price of these packages accordingly.

Tesla is doing far to much "Buy now, maybe / maybe not, get later"

Reactions: SalisburySam
It isn't just the features that might not come back, but it is also what it says about the capabilities of the car.

If I kept FSD, I'd use autopark a lot or even summons. The de-contenting is troublesome. At least it looks like they might have made some positive changes in the 3 but not enough to upgrade for me.

It isn't just the features that might not come back, but it is also what it says about the capabilities of the car.

If I kept FSD, I'd use autopark a lot or even summons. The de-contenting is troublesome. At least it looks like they might have made some positive changes in the 3 but not enough to upgrade for me.
Yeah i agree totally.

I mean, if they are unable to get the car to "drive itself" (Smart Summon) at very low speed, in an parking enviroment with only stationary objects and other slow moving objects, would i trust it to drive itself in a city at higher speeds and with a lot more variables and moving vehicles and objects ?

Their apparant inability to get such "simple" functions working with the vision only system, does not instill any kind of feeling of safety in my, when it comes to scenarios with more speed and more variables.

That being said, the videos i have seen of the autopark feature on USS equipped cars, were not convincing. More than a few tests i have seen where they took several brands of cars, the Tesla even at that point was mostly the worst performer in the category even with USS.

Twitter is beyond profitable and successful? Tesla is facing incredible pressure from reduced margins, price wars (they started) and competition. His other companies are private so we don't know how profitable they are. How about sticking to the facts in your rebuttals.

Tim Cook is a GOD in the CEO world. Untouchable. He has turned Apple into a services company and that was a brilliant move. Revenue from just airpods is higher than the value of most fortune 500 companies.

Cage match fighting MZ does nothing for Tesla stock or the company's bottom line and just solidifies public perception of Musk as a clown, a psychopath, or worse.
We are living in an age where there is a cull of anyone in public life, be it CEO, politician, sportsman, who has any kind of social life. I prefer colorful characters...in many cases they are better leaders than the bland. And it’s a fight between two CEOs...has Facebook suffered ?

I was able to use the JWST and get a good look. I found the HOPE for USS-less cars and it is located in the galaxy GLASS-z10 located only 13,500,000,000 Light Years away.
Screenshot 2023-09-06 at 3.01.50 PM.png