Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is HV battery’s breathers replacement covered under warranty?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As many reported on the forum, I asked Tesla to fix the ‘bang’ sound while supercharging. I have received a suggested repair’s estimate of $53.51. The fix is to replace 2 breathers. Will Tesla still cover this under warranty, or does it mean that Tesla will only fix it if I pay for the repair out of pocket? Please share your opinions.

As many reported on the forum, I asked Tesla to fix the ‘bang’ sound while supercharging. I have received a suggested repair’s estimate of $53.51. The fix is to replace 2 breathers. Will Tesla still cover this under warranty, or does it mean that Tesla will only fix it if I pay for the repair out of pocket? Please share your opinions.

If they send you a quote over $0, they expect you to pay. Doesn’t mean you will, but they are trying.

• Disagree
Reactions: jelloslug
OP what is your cars manufacture date?

When I looked into this a few months ago, two SCs turned me down after passing my VIN through their checker tool for this service bulletin, stating the breather change is not needed, applicable.... even though the document clearly states cars built after ~April 2018.

The thunk is clearly there, but then again it is still there for many who had the breathers replaced. YMMV.

OP what is your cars manufacture date?

When I looked into this a few months ago, two SCs turned me down after passing my VIN through their checker tool for this service bulletin, stating the breather change is not needed, applicable.... even though the document clearly states cars built after ~April 2018.

The thunk is clearly there, but then again it is still there for many who had the breathers replaced. YMMV.

Manufactured on 12/2018.