Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

is it a bug or a feature? navigation map issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Short drive this morning with the new V9 42.2
I just discovered that the turn-by-turn list on the left side of the main navigation screen can be reduced to the top only with "north up" and with "forward up", but NOT with "full trip".
If in "full trip" screen I reduce it to top, the map automatically switches to "north up".

See video where I show what's going on:

To me this is a bug, because I would like to have "full trip" displayed and "turn-by-turn" reduced as much as possible, but maybe it's a feature in the mind of some Tesla engineer.

• Love
Reactions: JohnnyG
+1 @Need

I like to have heading view and long list and can't have that now. The short list only shows a couple of turns and I like to see more, especially when the turns are coming in quick succession. Since I only use NAV when I'm on a long trip in an unfamiliar area, trip view isn't helpful while driving, yet it is the only way to have the longer list.

• Love
Reactions: JohnnyG and Need
Okay, I've already taken the first step... So, for all of us sharing the same view here, we all need to send a message to Tesla to let them know. They do revert silly changes from time to time. Please contact Tesla and let them know your thoughts.

Reactions: Helmuth
I received following email from Tesla!
Dear < xxxxx >,

Thank you for reaching out to Tesla Inc. and sorry for the late reply.

At this point it is hard for me to say whether what you've reported is a feature or a software bug but I have well documented your comments in our system and I brought them to the attention of our engineers.

We rely on the dedication of owners such as yourself to help us perfect and refine our vehicles, and we truly appreciate the time you have taken today to share your suggestion. Please continue to keep us informed and be honest with anything that may arise in the future.

Thank you for helping us in our mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and autonomous driving !

You can find the contact details of our Stores, Service Centers and 24/7 Roadside Assistance here: www.tesla.com/findus

David C | Global Executive Care
Burgemeester Stramanweg 122 | 1101EN Amsterdam
Not very informative, but I do appreciate the way Tesla listens to customers.

I think I found a way to get the full turn-by-turn list AND the "forward up" map view when navigating. Several times I accidentally got it to work this way but wasn't able to figure out how I did it. On a recent road trip I figured it out. The only problem is I think it involves the Superchargers. Here is how I was able to get it.

While sitting at a Supercharger and plugged in charging, I entered my destination in the map. Initially, it will show you the "trip view" with the full turn list. However, if you don't touch anything it will switch to "forward up" view AND leave the turn-by-turn list in the expanded setting showing the % charge at your destination. Once done charging, I was able to drive off and enjoy the expanded turn list for the trip. I was afraid to change anything with the map view for fear of losing it so I don't know if you will lose the full turn list if you make any changes.

I haven't yet tried this while plugged into any other kind of charger (like a wall charger, etc) to see if it also works.

• Informative
Reactions: f205v