Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it possible to restrict access to games?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
iPad? Get her a comic book or newspaper. The answer is not to give them more devices to stick their noses in.
Something happened in the last two generations. When I was growing up, our parents didn't entertain us every minute of our lives. As a matter of fact just the opposite. When mom or dad had had enough whining or slapping between the kids, that magic arm would swing back over the top of the front seat back and whack a kid he/she could reach. If you were within arm's length, you were the guilty one and paid the price for everyone. Not enough of that now days. We learned to sit quietly (half the time) looking out the window, else they would take away our 29 cent hula-hoop or "stevie-the-stick" when we got home.

Since I am in my 60's I hate to say it, but, OK Boomer.

My mom and her sisters all wore a dress to school every day. And my dad had enough Brillcream in his hair to have it stay down in a hurricane. And they all smoked.

Me and all the girls I knew in school wore jeans. And no one smoked (Very sad to see this reversed).
Bottom line is taste and expectation are always changing.

I never yearn for the "good old days". Because with companies like Tesla creating cars that are as much software as hardware, and run on electrons instead of dead dinosaurs, I know the best is yet to come.

Last edited:
Reactions: Akikiki
Yeah, I agree. But the kids these days are not going to "code" (everyone's learning to write code) their way out of the apocalypse. They will make fire only by rubbing to matches together.:)

A bit of an exaggeration, I admit, but I don't expect to depend on them looking for answers in their iPhone.

Yeah, I agree. But the kids these days are not going to "code" (everyone's learning to write code) their way out of the apocalypse. They will make fire only by rubbing to matches together.:)

I disagree. My daughters make money in jobs that did not exist when I started out. And a lot of money. One has PhD in Molecular Biology and is a cancer researcher. But she spends a lot of her time writing code to analyze results and guide her project's direction. And this has resulted in her team making progress much faster than the old days of sitting in a lab and staring at slides.

I have screen time setup on my kids iPads. They get 60 min a day with a 15 min sub-limit on Instagram and other social media apps. They watch no other TV or game stations.

I’ve been teaching their friends parents about screen time. Their friends don’t like me much right now.