Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it possible to see the view from front camera?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to park pretty close to the front wall in my garage. When I pull into the garage. Am I able to switch to a view to see exactly how close I am?
there are plenty of various parking barriers or stops available. they don't have to be expensive, just shop them.
I use a couple similar to the ones linked below.
there is no need for adhesive, or bolt anchors, since the weight of the car on the pad prevents it from moving much.

Last edited:
No, you go into the garage forward while looking at the rear camera for the ref lines.
just to be clear about which way the car is parked

Attachments

• 20230109_092552.jpg
    20230109_092552.jpg
    388.1 KB · Views: 506
  • 20230109_092757 - Copy.jpg
    20230109_092757 - Copy.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 228
  • 20230109_092813 - Copy.jpg
    20230109_092813 - Copy.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 197
Even if you cold use the front facing camera, you'd then have to ask "which one" as I *think* there are three of them - plus I also think the "picture" they supply is calibrated for the car and not for human vision [1]

In any event, it wouldn't do you any good because they're all at the top of the windshield, so wouldn't give you any reasonable information anyway

[1] then again I could be wrong

just to be clear about which way the car is parked

bit of a squeeze there!

I have a piece of 2x4 on the ground and I stop when the front wheels hit it. It's pretty scary really as the view suggests that I'm right on the wall though there's a good 12 inches spare. I painted index marks for the wood so I can verify it's in the right place, but I should rally bolt it down

I put reference lines (duct tape) on the garage floor and view the rear camera when entering the garage. When the rear camera view crosses the line, I know I am 6 inches from the front wall.
Excellent!
Also, has everybody forgot about the hanging tennis ball? I've hung the head from a dog toy for my wifes car. My dog's toys don't last long and the head is usually the first thing ripped off. For my Feb 2022 MSLR there's a mark on the wall that gets lined up with the B pillar when backing in.

Last edited: