Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is my CCS adapter working properly?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tried my new Tesla US CCS adapter today at a DC fast charger.

The narrow pin at the top front does not fully retract when mounting on the CCS cable, and inserted into my MYP charge port. This leaves the assembly rather tenuously attached to the car during charging.

Is this normal, or is my adapter defective?

Attachments

• PXL_20220929_145906190.jpg
    PXL_20220929_145906190.jpg
    465 KB · Views: 160
The locking latch on the CCS handle could be busted. Just yesterday, I noticed two of the handles had a busted latch, so that it would not stay latched securely to my adapter. This made it so the handle slightly disengage at the top, which is bad for CCS because the top two pins is for signaling. This made it so it would cause signaling errors. I had to switch stalls. But I know Bjorn had a video where he said it helps if you hold the cable up, and push the CCS handle in until charging starts, as he mentioned some cars had the charge port at such an angle that the top portion of the handle would slightly disengage, causing signaling errors preventing a charge session from starting.

My Tesla CCS adapter was delivered Thursday and I tried it out at the EA chargers near my house on Friday. It worked great. I followed the adapter instructions and it was simple. After connecting the adapter to the cable I was careful to seat the adapter into the car and make sure it latched.

The other good news is that all 10 of the EA chargers were working.