Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is my leather seat ruined?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have no idea where this “welts” came from. They are raised and are not liquid. I can’t clean them off. Any thoughts or suggestions?
E11122BA-A2B9-40FE-BD97-53E789703FA1.jpeg
D922F025-9C81-4334-A5AE-1A525B88DAD0.jpeg
D922F025-9C81-4334-A5AE-1A525B88DAD0.jpeg

So the cleaner you put on before that you left and caused this. Was this a leather conditioner or cleaner?

You could try soaking the area that is not affected with a leather conditioner to see if it will "plump up" the material.

The other alternative would be to try a small area adjacent to the issue area with the same cleaner and technique you used before to see if you could sort of blend in the area bit by bit.

So the cleaner you put on before that you left and caused this. Was this a leather conditioner or cleaner?

You could try soaking the area that is not affected with a leather conditioner to see if it will "plump up" the material.

The other alternative would be to try a small area adjacent to the issue area with the same cleaner and technique you used before to see if you could sort of blend in the area bit by bit.
It was a cleaner. Car guys super cleaner.

Those look like older next-gen tan leather seats, before the switch to the vinyl.

The non leather seats are polyurethane, not vinyl.

Lest you think me nitpicky, some of us have had experience with hot, sticky, slippery, cheap, crack prone, yellowed, bloody awful, vinyl seats. All plastics are not the same. The polyurethane seats are awesome.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricTravel