Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is my Tesla App missbehaving?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm currently updating to 2020.41 (at work, no WiFi signal when parked at home) but the download progress on the app is frozen at 100% for about an hour and a half now. I've gone over to the car and it shows the same.

However, I've also noticed that the "Smart Summon" button is not shown on the app --- do I need to update the app or enable something in the car? To be clear, I'm not wanting to use Smart Summon any time soon but shouldn't the button be there?

2020-02-03 13.10.13.png 2020-02-03 13.10.21.png 2020-02-03 13.10.33.png

I'm currently updating to 2020.41 (at work, no WiFi signal when parked at home) but the download progress on the app is frozen at 100% for about an hour and a half now. I've gone over to the car and it shows the same.

However, I've also noticed that the "Smart Summon" button is not shown on the app --- do I need to update the app or enable something in the car? To be clear, I'm not wanting to use Smart Summon any time soon but shouldn't the button be there?

View attachment 507341 View attachment 507339 View attachment 507342

Mine sat at 100% for a good while. Leave it alone if you can... and obviously make sure your fingers are crossed!

• Informative
Reactions: ewoodrick and Cwmwd
Took at least 3 goes to get the install prompt after it got stuck at 100% for minutes to hours. Having left it overnight, I eventually woke to find it stuck on 95% and a message to connect to wifi. After rebooting the wireless access point, it completed and offered me the install as expected.

After install completed, I found it performing a game update. Not sure if thats completed yet, but i'm suspicious that it has not as TeslaFi shows car seeming to wake more frequently than it normally does - which is pretty much never. I know some recently seemed to have sleep problems with a pending nav update.

As for smart summon, you probably need to enable it in the car. I've not been brave enough to try even standard summon yet so have left it disabled.