TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Is possible to find Tesla model s 85 or 85p around 60k?

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by haffi, May 31, 2014.

1. haffi

haffi New Member

Hi
    Is possible to find Tesla model s 85 or 85p around 60k? ?
    have you ever see that?
    on auction or just somewhere?
    Thanks.
    One dreamer!

2. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

Nope. I haven't really seen any below 80-90k

3. Mr X

Mr X Future Owner

Saw an 85 go for 72K with essential options. :wink:

4. haffi

haffi New Member

So its still possible...

Its still possible to find it for 60-65k
    if it cost 60k there is no tax for import him to my country.

5. Shumdit

Shumdit Member

With a ton of miles, accident or salvage history, etc it's certainly possible. The only way I can see a reasonable mileage clean car go for that money is if it was a total base model making it a hard sell since it's missing options buyers won't consider buying if they are not installed. I don't know if any of those cars actually exist though.

6. haffi

haffi New Member

I thought that!
    But thanks anyway.

7. trigga71

trigga71 Member

60k even for a 60kWh is hard to come by. the cheapest clean 85 i have seen is 79k.

8. roblab

roblab Active Member

I just sold my Signature 85 for $60K. It was fully decked out, as signatures are. It had a tow hitch and a premium console with obeche gloss.

It also had 80,000 plus miles. Why does that make any difference at all?

If you grew up knowing that a gas engine car might get a hundred or two hundred thousand miles before the engine and transmission began to grind themselves to death, it was important to discount mileage. My car did not have a gas engine or a transmission. Several hundred moving parts, many replacement parts, are gone in one fell swoop. So what does a "ton of miles" have to do with it?

Tesla has a warranty that says eight years, unlimited miles on the drive train. What does that mean? It means that if a KIA or a BMW has a warranty of 100,000 miles, and has 10,000 miles on the odometer when it goes up for sale, that is comparable to a warranty of a million miles (or MORE!) with a hundred thousand on the odometer.

Absolutely pointless. Sooner or later, preferably sooner, people will stop worrying about how many miles are on a car when they go to buy. I notice that in the "for sale" forums, many of the Teslas listed do not list the mileage, as it means nothing.

9. joer00

joer00 Member

i know a fully loaded P85 2013 with 53k miles sold CPO for 57k. So sure there are great deals ot there, just vey hard to find.

10. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

You can check ev-cpo.com for listing of CPO prices.

There are S85s listed for $61,000, $61,200, $61,700 and $61.900.

11. Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul Active Member

If you are buying from a private party, there are ways to document a lower price : >)

12. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

Yeah, I'm confused why people are talking about them being at least 70-90k...there are a bunch of CPOs in the low 60s for sale right now.

13. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

Turns out it was a bumped old thread that I fed. Sorry.