Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

Is possible to find Tesla model s 85 or 85p around 60k?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With a ton of miles, accident or salvage history, etc it's certainly possible. The only way I can see a reasonable mileage clean car go for that money is if it was a total base model making it a hard sell since it's missing options buyers won't consider buying if they are not installed. I don't know if any of those cars actually exist though.

With a ton of miles, accident or salvage history, etc it's certainly possible. The only way I can see a reasonable mileage clean car go for that money is if it was a total base model making it a hard sell since it's missing options buyers won't consider buying if they are not installed. I don't know if any of those cars actually exist though.

I just sold my Signature 85 for $60K. It was fully decked out, as signatures are. It had a tow hitch and a premium console with obeche gloss.

It also had 80,000 plus miles. Why does that make any difference at all?

If you grew up knowing that a gas engine car might get a hundred or two hundred thousand miles before the engine and transmission began to grind themselves to death, it was important to discount mileage. My car did not have a gas engine or a transmission. Several hundred moving parts, many replacement parts, are gone in one fell swoop. So what does a "ton of miles" have to do with it?

Tesla has a warranty that says eight years, unlimited miles on the drive train. What does that mean? It means that if a KIA or a BMW has a warranty of 100,000 miles, and has 10,000 miles on the odometer when it goes up for sale, that is comparable to a warranty of a million miles (or MORE!) with a hundred thousand on the odometer.

Absolutely pointless. Sooner or later, preferably sooner, people will stop worrying about how many miles are on a car when they go to buy. I notice that in the "for sale" forums, many of the Teslas listed do not list the mileage, as it means nothing.