Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Priming or sanding needed when Plasti Dipping Aero wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you are supposed to add that to a base layer of something else. Black will work.

Are you sure you don't want to use bright aluminum? It's more of a "silver" look to me. The other one is kind of dark.

Bright Aluminum Wheel Kit

Ah, yes, that looks better. For some reason, I was having trouble finding out the differences between the "silver" color choices because the cans look almost identical

The bright aluminum looks like the right color. I would also throw a coat of the glossifier over the top. It says one can per wheel on that aluminum kit link but I am guessing you will be able to get two wheels per can.

Agreed, post some pictures! I was thinking about trying the bright aluminum as well. My idea was to only use it on the triangle part and leave the glossy vent parts in between black. If that looked like crap then I’d just do the whole thing silver.

Agreed, post some pictures! I was thinking about trying the bright aluminum as well. My idea was to only use it on the triangle part and leave the glossy vent parts in between black. If that looked like crap then I’d just do the whole thing silver.

I’m taking it slowly as I have a little time until my 4 cans of Bright Aluminum plasti dip arrive in the mail. None of my local shops had any of this color.

In the meantime I decided to pick up some black plasti dip locally and start with a base coat since most do it this way.

First pic of masked center:
8AA251D5-FD22-4E89-9BED-7C07D6547C1E.jpeg

That’s it so far...lol!
Gonna do the black coats later this week.

Reactions: RyanT