TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Is rear view camera adjustable?

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by 787steve, Aug 3, 2017.

1. 787steve

787steve Member

When my Model S was delivered last fall, the rear view camera seemed properly aligned. But recently I have noticed that when backing into a parking spot with camera looking square to curb, I get out to find car is not squarely in the space. The front driver's side corner is much closer to space on the left that indicated and the car is several degrees out of square to the space.

Also, I would prefer that backup index lines match with outside edge of tires, and they have always been more toward inside edge. This has been so from delivery.

Does anyone know if the camera, or lineup cues are adjustable?

Thanks,
    SS

2. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Maybe by SC? Never seen any user-accessible adjustments for this. Perhaps they can fiddle with the mounting of the camera, but you hope they would have micro-adjustments for the 'line guidance'.

• Like x 1
  3. Derek Kessler

Derek Kessler Member

Service Center can adjust it.

4. 787steve

787steve Member

Thanks guys, I'll give them a call. Will update later.
    SS

5. BrainCandy

BrainCandy Member

I look forward to hearing how it goes. I wonder if they'll ever be able to add some perpendicular lines for when you're using the camera while driving. My Civic has a handy side mirror camera for monitoring blind spots (activates when using the right turn signal) and it has one red and two yellow lines in the view to judge the space available for lane changes. If the car in the adjacent lane is behind the 1st yellow line, there's plenty of room to make a lane change. It would be nice to have similar lines to more easily judge the space behind you when driving with the rear view camera on the Model S.