Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is rear view camera adjustable?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When my Model S was delivered last fall, the rear view camera seemed properly aligned. But recently I have noticed that when backing into a parking spot with camera looking square to curb, I get out to find car is not squarely in the space. The front driver's side corner is much closer to space on the left that indicated and the car is several degrees out of square to the space.

Also, I would prefer that backup index lines match with outside edge of tires, and they have always been more toward inside edge. This has been so from delivery.

Does anyone know if the camera, or lineup cues are adjustable?

Thanks,
SS

I look forward to hearing how it goes. I wonder if they'll ever be able to add some perpendicular lines for when you're using the camera while driving. My Civic has a handy side mirror camera for monitoring blind spots (activates when using the right turn signal) and it has one red and two yellow lines in the view to judge the space available for lane changes. If the car in the adjacent lane is behind the 1st yellow line, there's plenty of room to make a lane change. It would be nice to have similar lines to more easily judge the space behind you when driving with the rear view camera on the Model S.