Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is SC01 still transferrable?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been getting conflicting information about SC01 free supercharging transferrability.

Has anyone bought a SC01 model S or X recently, from a private party, in 2023, who can confirm they have free supercharging, or who can confirm they don't?

I have a prospective buyer who's very interested but free supercharging is a deal breaker, my car has SC01 and is a 2016 model S.

Thanks a bunch!

As long as the car has only been sold where it never went through Tesla, then it will transfer. If Tesla has had it, they could have removed the SC01. Bottom line, if the car still has it, and you buy from a private party, it likely will transfer if it is still SC01.

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
I purchased a 2016.5 90D S01 a couple of months ago and my free SC transfered fine. I went to my local service center to get the MCU2 upgrade and I asked if this could effect my free SC and internet...

The tech laughed at me and told me that if I put that car in the service center for ANY reason, I should expect to lose my free super charging...

I checked Carfax, my car has never been inside of TESLA for ANYTHING. It's a blank slate... Shouldn't this be easier than just gambling on this stuff? What is wrong with these people..

There will be class action lawsuits all around if what the tech told you is true. I would put in a service ticket with the app and ask for confirmation if it is true what the tech told you that service will remove or change the transferrable free supercarging on the next service visit.

If they change this without your consent, demand they put it back and provide you with written information on why they touched it. If they refuse to put it back, call your lawyer. He should be happy to make some easy money.

The tech laughed at me and told me that if I put that car in the service center for ANY reason, I should expect to lose my free super charging...
Tesla service techs know nothing. Servicing your car has nothing at all to do with your supercharging code.

Don’t worry about it. Trying to open another ticket to ask the same question to another clueless goon isn’t going to change anything.